Polls now likely?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Utter BS.

The PNP in their power hunger insanity plotted and schemed prior to the election with a scorched earth tactic raising dual citizenship at the last possible moment purely for tactical advantage.. nothing to do with upholding the 'Law'

"We always believe we are best for the country so ANYTHING that causes us to be in power is therefore best for the country"

If the JLP were considering the same thing they could not have been caught by surprise.

Once again you are speaking before thinking.

Comment

What do you mean the JLP would have done the same thing ????

How many petitions have the JLP issued ?

How many PNP Candidates are suspect ?

Comment

Stay deh fallah Mosiah.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
          What is to be gained by insisting that the MP of East Portland or Central Westmoreland have no other citizenship?
          What's the difference between an MP and a PM?

Is there a threat to national security or will our trade secrets be sold?
          Yes and Yes! The possibilities for conflict are endless! We can't wait for something to happen for us to say, bwoy, wi shoulda see dis coming! Jamaica is not alone in this. Many countries forbid their citizens holding another citizenship. What is wrong with them?

How hypocritical is it for us to run to the UK and process passports for footballers who were not born in the country to qualify the nation for the World Cup, one of the proudest days in the nations history, yet someone born in the country who went elsewhere to make a living and wants to come home and make a political contribution has to jump through hoops to do it.
          Agreed! But I was never for this family-tree/passport search that the JFF has been fond of doing.

BTW, do you have to renounce dual citizenship to be mayor of Morant Bay too?
          The line has to be drawn somewhere. I don't believe mayors have to renounce anything. Perhaps they should too.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Try and understand what is being said before yuh shoot off yuh crap.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Again, the JLP would have done the same thing.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Matter not if the JLP would have done the same thing. It is hypocracy to be publicly fighting against one thing when your house is no better, regardless what party it is.

I can't say the JLP would have done the same thing, they might have done but the they have lost so many times before and haven't done it so we are just assuming here.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Have the JLP lost by 4 seats?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

We agree that the line has to be drawn somewhere. I would draw it at the PM level, or MAYBE at the cabinet level. But MPs and mayors? No way. A backbench MP is closer to a mayor than a PM to me .
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I can appreciate your opinion.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

No they haven't but are you implying that if they had it would be a must to pursue these cases. If they lose by a big margin then these cases don't matter?

The fact is it has never been pursued by the JLP before.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

"It's because of the closeness of the election why it's now an issue. Had the JLP lost in a similar manner, and they saw how they could overturn some of the results in a similar manner, they would have done exactly the same thing. Tell mi is lie!"

It is a lie.

The PNP started their dual-citizenship 3-card routine BEFORE election results.

Stop yuh lying.

Comment

Um... so why didn't they ?

Tek yuh time now....

Comment

A seat is a seat.. if you can gain more seats or even one seat.. what is preventing a nominee from seeking his seat via the court ????

Once again.. think before you speak.

Comment

I can't understand why respecting the constitution now is a 3-card routine. I thought you had a problem with unshackling the law.

Hypocrite!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X