No announcement yet.

Hot off the press ie the Daily Tampon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But there was no such evidence against Butch, but you willing to string him up over conjecture!

You claim he is controlling the Govt behind the scene, you claim he is using the Observer to unfairly advance his interest againt Riu and you claim he is planting letters in the newspaper to tarnish Riu.

If it was up to you, Butch would be hanging under the big tree at Ferry already!

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
      But there was no such evidence against Butch, but you willing to string him up over conjecture!

You claim he is controlling the Govt behind the scene, you claim he is using the Observer to unfairly advance his interest againt Riu and you claim he is planting letters in the newspaper to tarnish Riu.

If it was up to you, Butch would be hanging under the big tree at Ferry already!
      No, I don't advocate hanging for Butch... just constructive criticism as I'd advocate for anyone.
      The typical Jamaican reaction is to treat the man with a mixture of awe and fear of his power... a corporate version of God .....that I reject.... i'm not claiming that you necessarily fall into that bracket either (don't see you quoting irrelevant Sandals achievements in response to this issue)

My opinions are not pure conjecture as you believe.... but based on long observation, analysis then onto what I believe to be a reasonable hypothesis... I can be right or wrong on any particular issue... but I believe a REASONABLE case can be made for my opinions based on the publicly known facts.

My views on the Spanish hotel situation are based on:

a. YEARS of noting his opposition to the Spanish newcomers especially RIU.. he's said publicly several times that they've cost him money... having to discount his rates to maintain market share... he can't compete with them on price. They're better capitalized, have lower standards and their cost of capital is much cheaper I suspect.
      This is probably the main reason that Sandals has been forced upmarket at tremendous cost... introducing the Luxury Included concept, upgraded facilities etc. He had to differentiate his product from the Spanish invaders.

b. YEARS of noting his corruption of a once balanced newspaper into a tool to represent his personal views, hammer personal enemies, promote his other business interests by reprinting press releases as "news" and pander to his political favorites of the day... this exercise of mine is called content analysis... I do that automatically every time I read any newspaper or consume any media.

c. It is common knowledge that he is the most significant public supporter of the JLP, a huge supplier of finance for that party and has been using his newspaper, editorially, to promote the party ... as is his inalienable right.

Lest this point cause another unnecessary and interminable outpouring (which will probably occur anyway) .... I support the view that the PNP needed to be removed from power... the country needed a change.... however I am suspicious of the unchecked power of big business and big politics (PNP or JLP) .... the best check on power is the ventilation of different ideas... this is my small contribution.

Again, I like media and newspapers especially. I speak out when I perceive gross corruption and blatant manipulation of the press.... as is the case with The Sandals Newsletter/Daily Tampon.

If all that amounts to conjecture in your mind..... so be it.
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Word ... Insert...Symbols... have it.

pr
        Peter R

Comment

In my last 2 jobs I have worked for Euro billionaires and I am not in shock and awe of them...far from it.

My problem with the Butch thing was that he was the greatest to some people when he and PNP was big fren and he was their big contributor. Now that they fell out, he is villified by them.

Butch is just a man, no Saint nor devil. I take him issue by issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
            In my last 2 jobs I have worked for Euro billionaires and I am not in shock and awe of them...far from it.

My problem with the Butch thing was that he was the greatest to some people when he and PNP was big fren and he was their big contributor. Now that they fell out, he is villified by them.

Butch is just a man, no Saint nor devil. I take him issue by issue.
            This is a guy that traditionally funded both parties. As far as I'm concerned whatever party the guy supports is his business.

My concern here is exposing media manipulation for narrow personal interests... period.
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
            X