Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
    Stop bow pon man yuh old nastiness.

Brick for brains... I can't decide what you're better at ... stupidity or just being plain dumb.

Not that it's worth the time to figure it out.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
      "Genuflecting to Butch"?????

Don1, the real issue at hand is the blatant violation done by the RIU people. I will agree that Mr Stewart likely has his motives and also used his print medium to lambast the RIU violations. We could also agree that Mr Golding should have handled the case better, away from the public thundering. However, let's not divert our attention from the breaches incurred by RIU. Other Spanish investors shying away from Jamaica is their own realization that we will not just allow them to come into the island and do what they want outside the parameters of the rules and regulations.
      I am not diverting attention away from the issue of the violation... I said it should be dealt with through the normal process... let's see that process followed to redress the violations.
      That is one issue.... there are other issues at play.

To my mind Golding's response was ham handed and the most plausible reason for his over reaction is that he is being led around by Stewart... his big financial backer.

Now they are scrambling to repair the damage to investor confidence... it's not what he did... it's how he did it.... totally unnecessary public posturing.

If those investors are shying away from the country it's because they perceive that the GOJ is in the pocket of local forces opposed to their presence in the market... they just might be correct.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

The unauthourised floor has to come down. End of story. No amount of "managing" the situation can avoid that end. When Don Crawford was not allowed to occupy the office building he constructed in New Kingston because it was a safety hazard was that also bad management?

Comment

Mi radda be stupid dan a b#ttyman bout yuh a bow fi man

Comment

LOL !

There was an agreed upon design based on prevailing regulations.

The agreement was breeched.. where do you see room for accomodation ?

How do you decide which investors can breech the laws of the land and who can't ?

It look like seh 18 years of corruption really have you ready to compromise laws of the land.

The law is not a shackle indeed...

Mendicants.

Comment

I wonder how today's meeting between the prime minister and the Spanish people went.

This is going to be very interesting!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Is the Prime Minister preventing investors from operating within the boudaries of the Law in Jamaica ?

If investors are shying away because they are dealt with FIRMLY when exhibiting total disregard to local laws.. well good riddance.

Time to end the mendicant sellout behaviour.

Comment

Interesting opinion piece with heavy bias.

Some facts would be nice to give it any heft beyond lightweight propoganda.

Comment

So you know what genuflect means but as to who Don1 says is doing it you've totally misinterpreted. Consider redoing English 101.

BTW I agree that we should all comply with the laws regarding building codes etc. Is this a one-off "flexing" of government fortitude (for patronage reasons as suggested by Don1), or is this action going to be repeated whenever necessary to establish a new standard for corporate (and individual) behaviour? Time will tell.

pr
                    Peter R

Comment

Go join yuh b#ttyman boss

Comment

Did you pass O'level English? Common Entrance?

Never fear, one day you too may achieve maturity, just keep striving.

pr
                        Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                          Did you pass O'level English? Common Entrance?

Never fear, one day you too may achieve maturity, just keep striving.

pr
                          A suh yuh love yuh man dem educated and mature?

Comment

Can you imagine a plane crash because they somehow couldn't land?

That is the problem here and nothing else.

Which European country could they build in the interferee with FAA requirement?

Let us get our emotions out this and get to the facts.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

true bredin. They may not like the messenger but the message is still the same.. Tek down the 4th floor or a fifth floor.. basement anyone..

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                                Can you imagine a plane crash because they somehow couldn't land?

That is the problem here and nothing else.

Which European country could they build in the interferee with FAA requirement?

Let us get our emotions out this and get to the facts.
                                Take the time to read.. and more to understand the post.

I said the violations should be corrected and the prescribed course followed.

Those whose minds are one-tracked can only see one issue at a time... I don't have that failing.... you apparently (apparantly in Campion-speak?) do.

Comment

Working...
                                X