Thanks a lot, Newsletter! - Spanish shun Jamaica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    Did you read what these people did in Cancun? isn't that a warning?
    Should we allow this happen in Jamaica regardless of what they are investing?
    Is there something about my statements "they MUST observe Jamaican laws" or "the law must take its course" that you don't understand??

Leggo the law ting boss... as I said many times ..I agree with that sentiment.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

they do bring willi. I stayed a Riu Negril and there was certainly a differnt breed of tourist. Lots of Italians and Europeans..

Comment

Taken from Cafecanun.com

The RIU hotel chain was recently fined more than $3.5 million for building an entire hotel without permission as an annex to a new hotel for which they did have permission. The local federal environment director was relieved among accusations that he had taken bribes in this and other situations. The Fox administration has turned out to be quite a disappointment environmentally. The previous president, Ernesto Zedillo was an avid SCUBA diver who often visited Cancun and intervened very decisively to protect the lagoons and the ocean.
        I can't stand even looking the hotel RIU built because it is sickeningly grotesque and out of scale. At the same time, I have friends who have small businesses nearby that have struggled to survive for the past few years because of the competition from newer shopping centers. They love the new hotel because it's bringing them customers.
        Fonatur now wants to develop the third and final stage of the island. A giant project on the mainland called Puerto Cancun proposes cutting canals into the mangroves to make room for new boat slips. These projects will be subjected to very intense and well-deserved public scrutiny in the coming months. Whether or not they go ahead as planned or are modified, we need a really serious investment in correcting both existing environmental problems and those that are on the horizon.
        Marc Cooper's article was disappointing because he attacked Cancun as a social entity. Maybe he thought he was helping us. He could have been a lot more useful had he recognized that Cancun is basically a good place that's in grave danger of being overwhelmed by greed. We need serious coverage of the points I raise above, not a viciously unfair and inaccurate hatchet job
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

In order to make my point I have to start with the laws that are broken, read below and you will see these people are serious and need to be watch every step of the way.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
            In order to make my point I have to start with the laws that are broken, read below and you will see these people are serious and need to be watch every step of the way.
            ok.. you have made the point 23 times... and I agree.
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

you don't think Issa did?

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
                they do bring willi. I stayed a Riu Negril and there was certainly a differnt breed of tourist. Lots of Italians and Europeans..
                Negril always had lots of Germans and Italians. My cousin worked at a Bakery in Negril in the 1990s and had to learn some Italian!

My point is they are not bringing in Hordes of NEW Europeans, which is what we need with the strong Euro and the weak US economy. If the Spanish Hotels are in Jamaica largely to fight over US scraps, then we have a problem!

How they can really add value to Jam is by developing the Euro mkt via the Madrid/Barcelona airport hubs. Baraja has recently been upgraded and is now one of the finest airports in Europe! Look at the Dom Rep as Don1 pointed out. This is what I have been calling for for 10 years and what I expected to get from the Spanish Hotel influx. The previous GOJ fell down when it came to expanding airlift from Europe and the far East. Lets hope this one does better.

Jamaica- When you go, then you KNOW!

Comment

In 1998 we had 2 million tourist and it took us to 2005 for 3 million. At that rate we will only be emptying out the small properties and fulling the big ones. More have to be done to get a lot more tourist in to full these rooms.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                    He and other Jamaican tourist interests developed the NAmer Mkt, through direct efforts and taxes over the years. They also developed brand Jamaica, developed local competencies and made other valuable contributions over the years. I dont see how it helps us to encourage farriners to come in and reap what they did not sow.
                    How does this line of thought fit within -
                    i) not resting on one's laurels?
                    ii) bringing in 'new money'?
                    iii) bringing in 'new approaches/thinking on...?
                    iv) competition leading to invention and or re-invention to improve product and or create spin-offs and or improved delivery of services associated with the product?
                    v) expanding levels of employment? ...and numbers employed?
                    vi) growth of markets?
                    vii) other benefits...etc., etc?

Would the farriners be sowing...and thus building on what they did not create and thus would be entitled to reap?
                    Just asking!
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

The farriners need to bring in a new dimension!

They have the natural advantage to attract EU tourists. If they come and just want to be 'me too' on the Nth American market, then THEY would be resting on their laurels and we would be guilty of a lack of ambition and a dereliction of duty in not forcing them in this way. The Sandals and Superlcubs also need to diversify away from NA.

Karl, to me, this is about JAMAICA, I am not interested to play politics with this!

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                        The farriners need to bring in a new dimension!

They have the natural advantage to attract EU tourists. If they come and just want to be 'me too' on the Nth American market, then THEY would be resting on their laurels and we would be guilty of a lack of ambition and a dereliction of duty in not forcing them in this way. The Sandals and Superlcubs also need to diversify away from NA.

Karl, to me, this is about JAMAICA, I am not interested to play politics with this!
                        I know your last paragraph does not mean "away from" but "expand outwards"!

Encourage to remain and others to come...as they along with their aims fit within ours...
                        On all you have said - Agreed!
                        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Sorry for the poor phraseology.

I am glad it did not hamper your understanding.

Yes, I agree with your stance as related above.

Comment

Working...
                          X