IS it true that crime actually increased when MacMillan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IS it true that crime actually increased when MacMillan

was the commish some years ago? And is it also true that murder clear-ups dropped as well?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

A one thing mi know is it nuh take a bwoy fi but Laing and Bigga ford behind a desk. Mcmillian was working but the police force didn't see him as one of them and rebelled plus KD Knight was not on board so I wouldn't put too much emphasis on that.

he was also a founding member of Jamaica For Justice so hopefully he will act that way.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Also if I remember correctly before his stint as commissioner he got a lot of praise for fighting corruption at the RPD.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

or was that mike surridge?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Don't know about Surridge, but McMillan was head of the Revenue Protection Division in the early 90's.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Yup - He pressured the cops to play by the rules and they virtually stopped working. The criminals were saying that they had the backing of the CP and the roamed free. Similiar thing going on now. Change is never easy.
            The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
              Yup - He pressured the cops to play by the rules and they virtually stopped working. The criminals were saying that they had the backing of the CP and the roamed free. Similiar thing going on now. Change is never easy.
              So, what Emily Crooks was saying was true then.
              "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

For me he was a welcome chang, invariably there are two wars, both inextricably linked. Full marks on his attempts to purge the police force of criminals, more likely to have the trickle down(all crimes) effect than the economic model our leaders slavishly follow...

Blessed

Comment

Working...
                X