No announcement yet.

Racism alarms Obama's backers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well they do have a problem voting for white people when a qualified black is in the race. How you explain 90% of the black vote going to one candidate?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
      Obamas argument has been that most of the people who wouldn't vote for him based on his race, would not vote for him anyway because of other political differences. He is convinced (or is trying to sound convinced) that the Hillary supporters will come over to him once he doesn't disrespect her.
      Something is wrong with the above! ...because he has disrespected Hillary for more than 3 months continuously!

Aside: The problem is simply - Will enough of Hillary supporters come over to support him to offset those who will stay home and those who will vote for John McCain. Anyhow those 20+% poll figures of stay at home holds, he loses the Presidential Election. If on top of that even 15+% switches to McCain he loses by a large extent.

It is a given that any democrat put forward wins in New York and New Jersey...but even California a 'safe' democratic state could go to John McCain as the tipping point could be Hispanics reluctance to support 'blacks' in sufficiently large numbers on any topic/on any issue/under any circumstance.

At this moment it appears to me that Obama wins the Democratic Nomination...but loses the Presidential Elections. John McCain, I think, will surprise many by running a good campaign...

...and he will be helped by gutter politics - (topics such as Rev. Wright-Obama truthfulness and statement that he is in lockstep on the Rev. mindset; racism - i.e. look at the %age blacks voting for Obama and that being shaped as we white or black vs black or white a "we vs them" battle; Michelle Obama's comments on "for the first time being proud of the country"; the lapel pin issue; etc.) run by those 527s that support him. The gutter politics plays particularly well in conservative Middle America.

Another problem is Obama has won in many states that shall remain - Republican. In other words he has gained most delegates in states he cannot win and lost in too many states - (States in which the voters chose Hillary Clinton) - democrats must win to win the presidency.
      Last edited by Karl; May 14, 2008, 01:51 AM.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

True, but a lot of that is because there is not much difference between the two candidates in terms of economic or social policy. If it was a black Republican like Rice or even Powell running, they would never pull that percentage of the black vote.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
        X