No announcement yet.

Racism alarms Obama's backers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

perhaps...but i doubt it. i think this conversation would be more relevant if the obama was not so comfortably far ahead on every count.

CLEARLY he had enough white votes to win the nomination because the black votes alone, no matter how high the percentage, simply could not give him this unassailable lead.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I don't think it has to be THAT ovewhelming to make the difference between winning and losing. If you look at how the electoral votes system work, its really just about a half-dozen states that are in play, all the others are solidly Republican or Democrat.

PA, Ohio, Michigan, Florida and a few others are the key to winning. Thats why Hillary is still trying to tell the superdelegates that she can win them and Obama can't so he will lose overall because even if he wins by a big landslide in places like California and Vermont it is still the same number of electoral votes.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

if it makes the difference between winning and losing then it is THAT overwhelming, in my book.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

that is true Gamma but other factors came into play. Nearly half of the democrats wanted to see the back of Hillary believe it or not. He has won some states that the Republican can close their eyes and win.

Even if he is leading in every stats he has to be VERY CAREFUL. The good thing he has going for him is the Republican right is not energized about McCain. If they were I would tell you Obama would loose, I know you don't want to hear that but a true as now the fight is in the middle.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Well in its effect yes, but in terms of actual percentage of white Democrats that would never vote for him, I don't think it is as high as say, 30-40%. Maybe even 10-15% in the key states not voting or worse, voting McCain might be enough to sink him.

I think it was OJ who said that this election is causing Americans, especially blue-collar Democrats, to do some serious soul searching. Do they dislike the thought of a black president, or a president with a Muslim name, more than the thought of another 4 years of Republicans in the White House? It is clear that if they can get past that and coalesce around the Democratic nominee they will win fairly easily.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

i am actual more comfortable with the notion that he could lose than you think. what i don'tdo is buy into a lot of the 5 and dime rhetoric that is floating around.

i accept that this is a democratic primary where for the most part democrats are doing the voting and in those red states someone has to win the democratic primary...but it is what it is. with all the criteria required for getting the nomination, he is there but so were kerry, gore and dukakis.

Comment

exactly my take. if he wins america would have taken a significant step.

i am interested to see whether america can take up that mantle....the world is watching too....

Comment

My take is the Republicans have more dependable voters than the democrats and a spin machine that a democrat would a die for(clinton's is nothing compared to it).

Watch and listen fi the "terrorist" alarms from Bush trying to pay back McCain for his support in 2004 and the on the ground nasty stuff that is going to take place in the south and the midwest.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post

To be frank, many of us cheering Obama on don't even have a clue as to his policies and where he stands. Do you Lazie?

Before this campaign started T.K. came here and asked us if Obama should run. Quite a few of us said no he wasn't ready. As a matter of fact, I started out supporting Clinton, but after watching the debates, hearing his speeches and reading up some his proposals, I decided to flip and support him.

So, yes, I have some clue as to where he stand on some issues.

To talk bout voting for him mainly because he is black is taking this country into the path of Black Man Time. I figured we'd have learn from the previous mistake.
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

So just him talking let you know he is ready?

I said before that he is qualified, that maybe different from ready.
                      Like it or not Clinton is more ready than him.

I never said I was voting for him only because he is black. I didn't vote for Sharpton but I support him on the streets. The argument is Black and Qualified.

I don't think 50% of Obama supporters know his stance but nuff a unnu will never admit that race play in your decision.

You ever wonder why no you don't have many black senators? Even if they qualified it is hard for them to be in the senate.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                        So just him talking let you know he is ready?

I said before that he is qualified, that maybe different from ready.
                        Like it or not Clinton is more ready than him.

I never said I was voting for him only because he is black. I didn't vote for Sharpton but I support him on the streets. The argument is Black and Qualified.

I don't think 50% of Obama supporters know his stance but nuff a unnu will never admit that race play in your decision.

You ever wonder why no you don't have many black senators? Even if they qualified it is hard for them to be in the senate.
                        If race was a factor I would have supported him from day 1. Isn't it hypocritical for us to be knocking those not voting for him because of his race, when at the same time race is the main factor we're voting for him?

There are sites like www.factcheck.org and programs like Verdict on MSNBC that also help set the record straight. If yuh unaware of certain issues, check dem out.
                        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

I know where he is on most issues and not much difference from Hillary's position.

Lazie I don't condemn people for voting for people because of race. You ever wonder why John Kerry carry the North and not the South? and why George Bush carry the South? Believe it or not it is easier to vote for people because they are like us. Granted it is not the only reason but a part of the puzzle.

I am voting for role model for my kids and I don't know if there are many better than Barrack? I want my kids to look upon people and say I can be just like him and inspire to do better. Maybe if I had a girl I would think different but a just my reality mi a deal with.

Comment

Really how can one tell if Clinton was even a formidable opponent, the O'Reiley fellow factor, the low life racists, people that seem to be trapped in a time zone(not in their lifetime)....
                            I guess the democrats want to handle the situation by doing nothing, the Clintons deserve it, but if Clinton does not start having a honest dicussion with her "supporters", telling them the race of a candidate should never be the reason..., then the only purpose of this hanky panky treatment is to harden even further the hearts of the bigots.
                            Perhaps her boy Randel may learn a thing or two, and will never again report that PA white people will never vote for Obama because....without admonishing them....

Blessed

Comment

Well we talk like we nuh have black biggots too.

Mi nuh know bout unnu but in my lifetime I know how hard a educated black man have to work to achieve anything and if him he is qualified and I can give him a helping hand I will. I have given many whites that helping hand so there is no guilt in doing that.

I believe in affirmative action, yes I do. To say race play no factor is been naive in my opinion.

Comment

The parallel would be having problem getting a "Afro-Americans" voting for white people, that is all they have done in their history voting.

Blessed

Comment

Working...
                                X