No announcement yet.

Crime: The way forward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don1, i appreciate your offerings on this monster that has taken over jamaica... some interesting points you make... without addressing all your points, two things i must highlight...

something radical is needed in combination with improved law enforcement.... and if this something is not found... improved law enforcement will largely be a waste of time and money.
    this something radical i have previously suggested, may include a temporary suspension of some of our civil liberties... if that is the requirement to cleanse the society of the undesirables and restore order, it should be vigorously pursued and implemented... however, it will take a leader with testicular fortitude...

Of course such a strategy has to be combined with other elements... remedial education, job creation, slum clearance and improved housing, improved infrastructure in the inner cities etc. etc
    in addition to what you stated, there needs to be a massive campaign to reshape our culture... change the minds of the people about corruption, and how crime and criminality affect them directly and indirectly...

nice post don1...

'to get what we've never had, we MUST do what we've never done'

Comment

"this something radical i have previously suggested, may include a temporary suspension of some of our civil liberties... if that is the requirement to cleanse the society of the undesirables and restore order, it should be vigorously pursued and implemented... however, it will take a leader with testicular fortitude..."

Like a Hitler ? or perhaps Jawge Bush ?

It always takes 'intestinal fortitude' to suspend the civil liberties of others...

Comment

lawd but yuh nuh affi show yuh dutty drawz everytime... yuh leff from modda theresa tuh pol pot... good peeple reside inna de miggle...

Comment

Yeah but do deh reside pon dis site ?

Comment

the society needs to be cleaned up... order needs to be restored... it is no secret that too many guns are in the wrong hands... 'dons' are running extortion rackets, ordering murders... yes, a radical approach needs to be taken...

Comment

How about the radical approach of substainable economic development ?

Talk to yuh people inna di PNP.. see if yuh can convince dem because mi nuh know WHAT dem tink dem was a duh fi 18 years...

Yuh did hear bout di radical approach Mobay man dem try in regards tuh di street people ?

You was on dat comittee ?

If yuh want to get RADICAL den get SERIOUS.. all yuh need is some heavy duty demolition equipment and bout 100 dump truck.. Downtown coulda clean up quick, quick.

Comment

i said it on here about 7 years ago and i'm saying it again...jamaica needs a benevolent dictator .....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

We did.. den something happened in 1962...

Now we actually need 2.... one on each side....

Comment

Now I see why him on Bruce payroll

whe truthsayer deh????
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I will say this,If Bruce Golding don't get it done in his five years I don't see any of the current politician fi get it done.

The man a move fast and nah tek nuh prisoner. Is like a draft him a play. Him take all a di PNP tek them that they should have taken. Him a raise certain labourite eyebrow. Getting rid a Seaga wasn't enough, now him demote Smith from security minister within months. None a dem nuh safe. Who coulda think Smith could loose that portfolio.

A pity him couldn't tek few a the hard workers from the PNP side.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

That is an oxymoron...

"..hard workers on the PNP side.."

Unless yuh mean hole diggers...

Comment

AND...him gone a cuba!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Paul Burke twiss up...

Comment

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
                              don1, i appreciate your offerings on this monster that has taken over jamaica... some interesting points you make... without addressing all your points, two things i must highlight...

this something radical i have previously suggested, may include a temporary suspension of some of our civil liberties... if that is the requirement to cleanse the society of the undesirables and restore order, it should be vigorously pursued and implemented... however, it will take a leader with testicular fortitude...

in addition to what you stated, there needs to be a massive campaign to reshape our culture... change the minds of the people about corruption, and how crime and criminality affect them directly and indirectly...

nice post don1...
                              respek boss.
                              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                                I will say this,If Bruce Golding don't get it done in his five years I don't see any of the current politician fi get it done.

The man a move fast and nah tek nuh prisoner. Is like a draft him a play. Him take all a di PNP tek them that they should have taken. Him a raise certain labourite eyebrow. Getting rid a Seaga wasn't enough, now him demote Smith from security minister within months. None a dem nuh safe. Who coulda think Smith could loose that portfolio.

A pity him couldn't tek few a the hard workers from the PNP side.
                                I agree regarding Golding... some decisive leadership so far... neutering Mike Henry, Bobby Montague and now demoting 0Smith.... there's no doubt who's in charge....wish him the best.
                                The country needs some positive results on crime within the next 6-12 months... even a slow trending down.

He is definitely not the 90 lb weakling Charles Atlas (Seaga) portrayed him to be.
                                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X