A simple question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
    don't know what the conventions are but i cannot honestly say i recall any instance where the basement was referred to as the first floor. having said that however, the term 1st floor seems to be a designation e.g. where the 13th floor is referred to as the 14th floor or some other referenceor where there is a lobby, mezzanine etc.
    I agree that it is a designation.... it just makes sense (hence the convention) to regard the ground floor as the first (US).... especially since we are bipeds and generally arrive at buildings at their ground level.

Some here seem to prefer the bottom level however... to each his own.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Can you have -1 Floor and -2 Floor?

Just asking.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

yikes!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          Can you have -1 Floor and -2 Floor?

Just asking.
          I too pondered that question... i honestly don't know.

I guess that he who advocates for bottom levels is more equipped to answer.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

Let me clue you in. Just saying something is not convention is not enough.

I have provided evidence of convention which includes basement stories when describing a Hotel development... I have even provided a Hotel Development template which follows this convention... all manner of definitions

You on the other hand have provided no evidence to support your stance regarding the convention.

The only thing that is clear is that you are suffering some delusions of grandeur when in fact you are very ignorant.

Comment

Actually the 1st floor is NOT always the ground floor, you evah hear bout lobby ? or the letter G... next ting yuh gwine tell us is the ground floor or lobby is not to be included in the count.

LOL ! BIM ! KILL HIM !

Naming convention on floors has no bearing on how a hotel is described when stating the number of stories it contains.

You need to rest your brain, it is clearly tired.

Comment

Relevance ?

Comment

Suh if my lobby is 2 stories and 1st floor starts at the 3rd story and 10th floor is the highest floor... how many stories the hotel have ?

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                    Actually the 1st floor is NOT always the ground floor, you evah hear bout lobby ? or the letter G... next ting yuh gwine tell us is the ground floor or lobby is not to be included in the count.

LOL ! BIM ! KILL HIM !

Naming convention on floors has no bearing on how a hotel is described when stating the number of stories it contains.

You need to rest your brain, it is clearly tired.

tut tut tut..... your lack of reading comprehension is a hell of a thing Rear Admiral.

I clearly stated I was using US conventions in my original post... also your distractions re lobby etc fool no one.
                    A substantive answer by you to the direct question I posed will reveal your position to be quite foolish.... hence your refusal to answer.

I know comprehension is not your strong suit but be aware that we are long past hotels, RIU or otherwise... I posed a simple question regarding a building and you cannot provide an answer... you scurry about raising bogus issues to avoid answering.

This is a final attempt your Rearness, imagine a building of three stories above ground and three subterranean levels... there is no lobby level, mezzanine etc and we assume US conventions re floor designations... I assume you are familiar with that.... now that I have educated you on the meaning of the word... convention.

Which is the first storey of such a building?

ps: that bim kill im of yours is really quaint... very 70's ish

Comment

Let me clue you in. Just saying something is not convention is not enough.

I have provided evidence of convention which includes basement stories when describing a Hotel development... I have even provided a Hotel Development template which follows this convention... all manner of definitions

You on the other hand have provided no evidence to support your stance regarding the convention.

The only thing that is clear is that you are suffering some delusions of grandeur when in fact you are very ignorant.

Your Rearness... my evidence regarding convention is the FACT that virtually everyone... except you and the Sandals Newsletter.... uses the word storey to refer to above ground floors.... that's a convention.... i.e. what is in common usage.
                      What about that don't you understand Rear Admiral??

You may stay at the bottom

Comment

Before we go off on a tangent..

Are you clear on the convention of including subterranean storeys when stating the total number of stories in a building ?

Comment

I started the thread and I am not going off on a tangent.... you are attempting to do so Your Rearness.

The question remains the same as it was at the beginning .. what is the first storey of a building such as the one I described?
                          Last edited by Don1; May 9, 2008, 07:33 PM.

Comment

Relevance ?
                            see Gamma's answer for your instruction.

Comment

Before we enter into further discussion I must be sure the person I am talking to has rudimentary reasoning capacity.

Do you understand the trivial concept of including subterranean levels when stating the number of stories in a building ?

Yes or No will suffice.

Here is a hint:

Why would one NOT include structures below the surface that qualify as stories by every relevant architectual convention ?

Comment

Before we enter into further discussion I must be sure the person I am talking to has rudimentary reasoning capacity.

Do you understand the trivial concept of including subterranean levels when stating the number of stories in a building ?

Yes or No will suffice.

Here is a hint:

Why would one NOT include structures below the surface that qualify as stories by every relevant architectual convention ?
                                Your Rearness, now I see your problem... you require people possessing rudimentary reasoning capacity to debate with!!
                                Thanks for the heads up.

Sorry... I'm overqualified in that area and thus not a good opponent for you.

I posed a question... answer it. If you care not to.. I understand and will leave the matter there.

Comment

Working...
                                X