Bruce finally come with a crime plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce finally come with a crime plan

More of the old and some of the new to tackle crime Thursday, 08 May 2008 The Bruce Golding administration has announced a slew of new and old measures in what is a major effort to stop the sweeping crime across the country.

The decisions came out of a high level meeting chaired by the Prime Minister on Thursday morning.

The nation's security chiefs, Commissioner Rear Admiral Hardley Lewin and JDF Chief of Staff Major Stewart Saunders were also in attendance.

The decisions include an intensification of the joint police task force established in December 2007, which security officials say proved successful in restoring order to St. James.

Also listed is an increase in the police presence in all communities and a zero-tolerance approach to minor offences including, ganja possession and traffic offences.

At the same time the police is to fast-forward plans to make greater use of intelligence to apprehend criminals.

Investigations into gun killings are to be transferred to the Major Invesatigations Task Force (MIT).

in other parishes are to be pooled at the Area One Command Level where the MIT is not yet established.

Golding said he will be leading efforts to get political consensus around the issue of crime.

Political representatives will also be encouraged to become more active in communities and to try and use their influence to diffuse simmering and existing conflicts.
    Last edited by Assasin; May 8, 2008, 05:38 PM.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Foolishness, and whey de Commissioner fah?

Blessed

Comment

Same old, same old. Wi not serious.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Maybe I am missing something, or there is more info to come.
        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Zero tolerance for ganja offences? What a colossal waste of time. I remember going to court on a simple ganja possession charge (mi was a beat a russian stripper dat a bigman did put up inna apartment and him lay wait mi wit police one night on the way back from her/his apartment ) and while waiting for my case they were ready to put a likkle ghetto yute in prison because he couldn't come up wit di $1000 fine. The poor fellow was shaking when they ordered him to prison yuh shoulda see him face. I stood up and told di eediat judge dat I would pay his fine. She said that I must be his guardian angel. Utter foolishness.

Comment

Brickie, this website also has a zero tolerance policy. Wi gwine haffi ban yuh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              Brickie, this website also has a zero tolerance policy. Wi gwine haffi ban yuh!
              Someting tells me yuh a guh hol a ban too

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                More of the old and some of the new to tackle crime Thursday, 08 May 2008

The Bruce Golding administration has announced a slew of new and old measures in what is a major effort to stop the sweeping crime across the country.

The decisions came out of a high level meeting chaired by the Prime Minister on Thursday morning.

The nation's security chiefs, Commissioner Rear Admiral Hardley Lewin and JDF Chief of Staff Major Stewart Saunders were also in attendance.

The decisions include an intensification of the joint police task force established in December 2007, which security officials say proved successful in restoring order to St. James.

Also listed is an increase in the police presence in all communities and a zero-tolerance approach to minor offences including, ganja possession and traffic offences.

At the same time the police is to fast-forward plans to make greater use of intelligence to apprehend criminals.

Investigations into gun killings are to be transferred to the Major Invesatigations Task Force (MIT).

in other parishes are to be pooled at the Area One Command Level where the MIT is not yet established.

Golding said he will be leading efforts to get political consensus around the issue of crime.

Political representatives will also be encouraged to become more active in communities and to try and use their influence to diffuse simmering and existing conflicts.
                mmmm?
                I hope the new is - This time the implementation will be effective...very effective!
                That would be great!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Didn't the new commish a few weeks ago said they would be increasing the police presence on the road? Suh why after all this time it hasn't been done?

The police need to be taking stops to preventing crimes ... not solving crimes.
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                    The police need to be taking stops to preventing crimes ... not solving crimes.
                    You really mean they should be doing both the preventing and the solving of crime?
                    Right?
                    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

It had to reach 64 murders in one week and 31 over a weekend before they act. It did gone too bad.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

After 18 years.. what is the rush ?

Comment

Working...
                        X