RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"...yuh want rice&peas or 'food' wid de calalloo.."?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "...yuh want rice&peas or 'food' wid de calalloo.."?

Today for lunch-- i decided to go across the street to a Jamaican take-out.

I heard the woman serving-- ask a customer, "yuh want the calalloo wid rice and peas or wid food".

I chuckled inside .
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

you nah tell man how the Haitian ackee taste?

was it worth the 7 dollars?
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Have you brought it back up yet?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I meant to tell you about it on Monday...

It seems that the 'regular ackee' is par-boiled. It requires little or no cooking to prepare.

The Haitian Ackee on the other hand, requires at least 10 minutes cooking...

The fact that i am typing this conclusion to the experiment--means Haitian Ackee 'a-carry-de-swing'.

HL

Comment

suh whey yuh get the Haitian ackee and how much a can and how the taste and the color (mi nuh want any white ackee).

When I lived in Portie, there was a huge ackee tree in the yard, but it never had the regular ackee color! You agronomist, what's the reason for this?
          Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
          - Langston Hughes

Comment

you have different style a ackee. The worst one is butter ackee, the tree bear so much but most a it too soft fi cook.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

$7.99/ can

The taste is excellent.

I guess there are several varieties of Ackee...including the white ones.

When i was likkle, i used to see varieties with up to six ackee/pod.

"Butter Ackee"...thanks for the reminder of that type Assasin

HL

Comment

$7.99/ can at

The taste is excellent.

I guess there are several varieties of Ackee...including the white ones.

When i was likkle, i used to see varieties with up to six ackee/pod.

Butter Ackee...thanks for the reminder Assasin

HL

Comment

Working...
                X