Important stuff!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important stuff!!!!!!!!

For all here close to and over 50 go and do your colonosopy!!!! Very good friend - good footballer - about 51 went for a routine check up, saw polyps, cancer growth had radical surgery but is ok now....so..go do it...of course I should too...

Could there be a link?

Your microwave oven could be killing you slowly
    MARK WIGNALL
    Thursday, May 08, 2008

For three months now the only times I have used my microwave oven (called simply "microwave") is to heat a cup of water for tea. Now I keep the unit in the house for two reasons. First, it heats the water in two minutes, faster than if done on the gas range. Second, I have not been able to convince my lady sufficiently that microwave cooking is dangerous to her health.

And dangerous it is. According to Mercola.com, a natural health newsletter, "Minerals, vitamins, and nutrients of all microwaved food are reduced or altered so that the human body gets little or no benefit, or the human body absorbs altered compounds that cannot be broken down. The minerals in vegetables are altered into cancerous free radicals when cooked in microwave ovens.

"Microwaved foods cause stomach and intestinal cancerous growths (tumours). This may explain the rapidly increased rate of colon cancer in America. The prolonged eating of microwaved foods causes cancerous cells to increase in human blood. Continual ingestion of microwaved food causes immune system deficiencies through lymph gland and blood serum alterations."

It is not surprising that an appliance which arose out of American ingenuity in the 1940s has not been roundly condemned by US research - the many universities and independent think tanks or research bodies. And, even in my own case, I have been aware of the dangers of microwave cooking for about five years now, yet I was not sufficiently convinced that I was in any danger until recently when I moved the overall importance of my health to a position of prominence over my need for a quick heating up of Sunday's rice and peas and chicken.

Hedley Jones is 90 years old and has an interesting story to tell about microwaves. In briefing me on his background, he says: "I write a weekly column for the Western Mirror on Monday... A radar engineer trained by the RAF with three years' service... Jamaica's oldest musician... who gave the world the first solid body electric guitar... see Gleaner first week Sept 1940... proofreader by training... worked for Jamaica Times and Gleaner 1936-41... tutor in electronics Kingston Tech High School 1959-64... built Studio One in Brentford Road for Clement (Coxsone) Dodd 1963... built the world's first twin electric bass/guitar 1962... designed and built first high Fidelity Audio Amplifier with integrated active filter equaliser 1947 (nick-named sound system by Tom Wong... first operator) ... president JFM 1985-95 retired."

As he tells it, "During the final stages of training in the British RAF of WWII we were trained to service the then British secret weapon, and even dismantle and re-assemble where necessary - the H2S radar used for pinpoint precision collateral bombing on the Bomber Command's Lancaster bomber plane. The heart of H2S was a powerful secret component called a Resonant Cavity Magnetron and the brain that controlled it was a... hold your breath... precision Flip-Flop oscillator. There were about 15 of us Jamaican trainees at the number three radar training school in Cosford, Midlands, and we liked to huddle (it was a bitter cold winter 1944) in front of the wave guide launcher used to transmit the ultra-ultra shortwave radar pulses. It felt warm and cosy."

According to Mr Jones, the instructor gave them a friendly warning to keep away from warming themselves, Englishman style, "'Are any of youse (sic) boys married?' Before any of us could reply, he continued: 'Well if youse boys have girlfriends I am sure that if we come out of what we all face alive, you'd like to be able when you return home to titillate their fannys.' Understanding English jargon we needed no further warning."

Many years later Mr Jones comes upon a new contraption. He describes it as "Meeting the monster".
    "About 25 years ago a customer brought me a microwave oven for repairs. On opening the gadget I was astounded as I came face to face with a modern version of the British secret weapon - a tuned cavity magnetron warmly embracing a flip-flop oscillator - only this time, its mission was to cook people's food instead of being an aid to extensive collateral damage in the form of war weaponry. Which truth has left me wondering since then whether the cumulative effect of microwave cooking could in the long run be the cause of the same effect we as students were warned by our instructor to avoid.

"I am trained in a technical science, not a medical one, but there is absolutely no denying the divine law of cause and effect to which I so often allude. I am acutely aware of those dear ladies who adoringly cuddle their beloved microwave, but they may be missing out on something eminently more important as expressed in the word 'oven', as they feed their men and children on foods that have had their vital nutrients blasted by sub-atomic action or subject to molecular derangement by ultra-ultra high-frequency particles."

Were I living alone I would throw out my microwave oven this very moment. The problem is, over the years we have been bombarded by research which often contradicts itself. As a boy growing up in the 1950s, every household in Jamaica used coconut oil for cooking. Later on we were told that its use was unhealthy, and so convinced were we that we all switched to vegetable oil. Now, all the research is saying that the old fogies of the 1950s were right all along - coconut oil is beneficial to health.

I invite you to do your own research. There you will find that about 60 per cent to 90 per cent of the nutritive value of food cooked in a microwave oven is destroyed. In essence you will be eating a nice hot plate of food which has been "nuked" out of all its food value. Even more important are the structural changes in the molecules which have the potential to create cancer-causing agents in that very plate of food.
    The microwave oven is like religion and cigarette smoking. Both are bad for you in large doses, but because you have been using them for so long, you create in your mind an infernal reason why all those people are criticising them. Worse, you are not prepared to live without them.
    I can lead you to the water but I cannot make you drink it.

Additionally, being a human and not a horse, I expect you to use better reasoning than "horse sense" in considering why you should continue to use your prized microwave unit.
    It is dangerous and is killing you slowly. The stores selling it will be prepared to tell you a vastly different story, but such are the joys of the free market. Free to buy, free to riddle your body with cancer. Have fun, but be warned.

- observemark@gmail.com
    Last edited by Karl; May 9, 2008, 08:20 AM.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

there is nothing 'routine' about it...

Dem bettah bring some technology dat don't involve pokey.. oddawise mi nuh si nuh hope for di majority of di male popluation in JA..

Comment

Mi radda dead.

Comment

as one breddah did seh:

"All men die, not all men truly live.."

Comment

Though cowards! Hey...maybe you'll like it. As for the other test - the PSA alone is not good enough.....

Comment

Interesting...Mosiah, you think you could get this old guys contact for me...I am researching sm info on the RAF and he would be a good link - my father served for 3 yrs in the WW2.

Comment

Rule of Thumb:

Always put off the Anal intrustion today for the non-invasive procedure tommorow.

Actually Rule of No-Thumb is more appropos...

Comment

Mosiah told me when he went for his."...the Dr. put his left hand on one shoulder, his right hand on the other shoulder and then pushed his finger up....."
                  I said: Hold on...many hands dis Dr. have boss???"

Comment

Lol !

Comment

Some confidant your are!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

They can do it without hokey pokey

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                        there is nothing 'routine' about it...

Dem bettah bring some technology dat don't involve pokey.. oddawise mi nuh si nuh hope for di majority of di male popluation in JA..
                        The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Exile, i should introduce you to my Dr. A criss looking 30lkkle bit yr old. Married but, what the heck... yuh know Dr./ patient confidentiality is a wonderful thing.

pr
                          Peter R

Comment

In Canada this (colonoscopy) is becoming a routine item according to my 40 + yr old friends up there....either annually or biannually. Of course that doesn't help you in JA. Point is places that can afford it are doing it more regularly as a check up item.

OJ can you confirm?

pr
                            Peter R

Comment

Yu likkle reprobate..."Er doc, yu sure yu test that prostate right? Test it again...please".
                              Yow give me a call!

Comment

Working...
                              X