Let me lay it pon the line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let me lay it pon the line

Mi nah give up no citizenship to serve as no politician inna any country.

My family comes first and if my kids come first and if my kids need help anywhere inna the world I must be able to hop on al plane and run. I respect anybody who do but I won't.

Call me selfish, unpatriotic, I know who I am and that piece of paper will not define me. When I retire I want every cent from every country I contributed to fi go relax inna the Portland sun with some ackee and salfish, some Jerk and coconut juice and keep the checks coming.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Why the hysterics, Assasin? You are free to hold on to any passport you currently have or choose to have in the future, for your family's sake, of course. Just don't run for certain positions in Jamaica.

Oh, by the way, isn't it time for you to send some remittances back home? Western Union is open until 5, 6 your time!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Sorry try not to use western union. Sending western union deprive my poor granny of 30-50 dollars US.

Just wait a few days more and the regular post will do.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I am just letting my position know cause many on here is going to play the hypocrite.
        If I get the chance I would serve but as mi state above nothing nah change.

Comment

Well, yuh better dan Vaz and all di rest who refuse to come out plain and admit it.

Big up to you!

Ah wondah if Maudib is a US citizen.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yuh can wondah till yuh drop..

Comment

My personal opinion is that the only political position that this "no dual citizenship" test should apply to is Prime Minister and maybe Governor General if you think that is important symbollically.

For a country the size of Jamaica that is short of leaders even in the best of times to exclude so many of its citizens from being an MP makes absolutely no sense to me.
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Islander Sense......
                An American businessman was at the pier of a small coastal Jamaican village when a small boat with just one fisherman docked. Inside the small boat were several large yellowfin tuna. The American complimented the Jamaican on the quality of his fish and asked how long it took to catch them. The Jamaican replied only a little while. The American then asked why didn't he stay out longer and catch more fish? The Jamaican said he had enough to support his family's immediate needs.

The American then asked, but what do you do with the rest of your time? The Jamaican fisherman said, "Me sleep late, fish a likkle, play wid me pickney, mek love wid me wife, tek a stroll inna de village each evening where me drink rum and play domino wid me bredren. Me have a full and busy life, sah.

The American scoffed, "I am a Harvard MBA and could help you. You should spend more time fishing and with the proceeds buy a bigger boat. With the income from the bigger boat you could buy several boats, eventually you would have a fleet of fishing boats and instead of selling your catch to a middleman you would sell directly to the processor, eventually opening your own cannery. You would control the product, processing and distribution. You would need to leave this small coastal fishing village and move to Kingston, then LA and eventually New York City where you will run your expanding enterprise."

The Jamaican fisherman asked, "But sah, how long will all dis tek?"
                The American replied, "15-20 years."
                "Den wha' next me a' do, sah?"
                The American laughed, smiled, and said "that's the best part. When the time is right you would announce an IPO and sell your company stock to the public and become very rich, you would make millions."
                "Millions, sah? Den wha'?" asked the Jamaican.
                This made the American pause........ then he humbly
                replied.................... "Then you would retire, move to a small coastal fishing village where you would sleep late, fish a little, play with your kids, make love with your wife, take walks into the village in the evenings where you could drink rum and play dominoes with your friends............

Comment

Yes.. unfortunately however in the present World Game reality SOMEBODY better be working on the IPO ting suh dat di man can retire without worrying about ah man bruk inna him house, rape him wife and teef him fish...

As di leadah seh.. too much man want to drink milk.. nuhbaddy waan count cow...

Comment

Hahaha!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                      My personal opinion is that the only political position that this "no dual citizenship" test should apply to is Prime Minister and maybe Governor General if you think that is important symbollically.

For a country the size of Jamaica that is short of leaders even in the best of times to exclude so many of its citizens from being an MP makes absolutely no sense to me.
                      Suh me see it tuh! But ... as I pointed out in an earlier post .. hypocrites had no problem with it. It was pointed out that a member of the Cabinet in one of the past gov't was in breach.. but now dat change course everybody all of a sudden can spell constitution.
                      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Can't agree with you on that one. JA has what 2.8M there? What is missing is that the potential leaders are not involved in the political process. Jamaica is not short of leaders.

Comment

Jamaica is not short of leaders. Biggest myth in town!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Ok I stand corrected, I should have said a shortage of leaders that are willing to be involved in the political process.
                            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

It's all a myth Ben...the REAL life is where you are NOW. There is no greener grass anywhere....look around you...by time Sass decide to return, him cyan even look on....er..wave on the beach.
                              Eat the grass now!

Comment

Working...
                              X