Women lash dual citizenship flaws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    I suggest you read an article by Peter Espuet. Pity he didn't entitle it, Hypocrites and the Constitution. The truth is, I wasn't aware the law existed until recent events. However, there have been a few people serving in both houses over the years and neither you, Mosiah and nobody else complained .. but I guess .."course change" now.

HL may come here and mek a talk in an attempt to touch a nerve of some of those sensitive ites ... but what he says is true. In order for Jamaica to move forward the Portias and the Warmingtons not gonna cut it.

PJ time and again encouraged Jamaicans to become citizens, but now if these people with dual citizenship should return to Jamaica there are restrictions? When at the same time there are people like Portia and Warmington holding high offices?

My view is the law need to be amended. People with dual citizenship cannot be PM. That I can agree with. But why should someone with VAST knowledge regarding energy be prevented from being Minister of Energy only to have a Warmington sitting in Cabinet unable to answer important questions?

Mek up unuh mind .. we either moving forward or its business as usual.
    So if a Russian came in and had proven 'greatest expertise' in "Inteligence
    gathering" on becoming a citizen of Jamaica and having retained his Russian citizenship he would be able to become our Minister of National Security?

...or are you saying the Constitution must not allow a Jamaican born abroad to acquire Jamaican citizenship, retain his/her citizenship of his/her foreign country and be able hold Ministerial positions?

Just asking...if your call could be detrimental to the country/Jamaica? ...yuh nuh such persons seeping into 'sensitive areas' where possible conflicts could arise and the country suffers? ...and you are thinking along lines of aiding and a betting such possible future 'problems'?

Just asking!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

• Um, the Most Powerful nation in the world with very powerful enemies does it.

Who Wi ?

Wi cyaan even manage the basics (Health, Education, Security) and yuh worried about future 'sensitive areas'

Wi need ALL the help wi can get... wi should post positions for Permanent Secretaries on Monster.com.. no Jamaican citizenship required... stay deh.

Unnuh need to unnastan unnuself.

Comment

Working...
      X