Women lash dual citizenship flaws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    From the USA's standpoint, there is no such thing as Jamaican citizenship if you are an American citizen. So, 2 does not apply to the USA. Dual citizenship is not recognized.

Hope that answers your question.
    Did you in an earlier post state you not sure? Why not mek sure before running all over talking what nuh guh suh? Boy .. you Jamaicans never learn. One fool talk and the rest a fools follow.

According to the State Department's website.

However, dual nationals owe allegiance to both the United States and the foreign country. They are required to obey the laws of both countries. Either country has the right to enforce its laws, particularly if the person later travels there. Most U.S. citizens, including dual nationals, must use a U.S. passport to enter and leave the United States. Dual nationals may also be required by the foreign country to use its passport to enter and leave that country. Use of the foreign passport does not endanger U.S. citizenship.Most countries permit a person to renounce or otherwise lose citizenship.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Great work, Lazie. I could not care less about US law.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Great work, Lazie. I could not care less about US law.
        heheheh ... remind me ... which know it all wrote this in a previous post, "From the USA's standpoint, there is no such thing as Jamaican citizenship if you are an American citizen. So, 2 does not apply to the USA. Dual citizenship is not recognized."

Last I checked there is one Mosiah posting here ... suh how yuh waan change yuh tune now?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

whatever Lazie. di law nah change fi suit unnu. chuss mi pon dat!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

whatever Lazie. di law nah change fi suit unnu. chuss mi pon dat!
            Oh ... yuh get cornered. The same way it is comical that today Jamaicans are being refused employment because dem have tattoos, it is comical that this law hasn't been amended as yet.

What unuh have against Merika? Time unuh wise up ... but then ... mi talking to a set of unthinking Jamaicans.

Comment

I have nothing against Merika. But I do love my country and recognise it as a sovereign power in its own right. Every country on the planet has similar laws, but we must just become an American state overnight.

No thanks!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I have nothing against Merika. But I do love my country and recognise it as a sovereign power in its own right. Every country on the planet has similar laws, but we must just become an American state overnight.

No thanks!
                Your concern is becoming an American state? Get serious.

"But I do love my country and recognise it as a sovereign power in its own right"

How many ACPs in the JCF are from the "sovereign power" yuh claim to love? Yuh sounding like Adams now.

I never asked if yuh love yuh country ... I find that people who affi state dem love them country may be trying to convince demselves of something.

There was always people with dual citizenship in the house ... and we not yet an American state .... the law needs to be amended.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                  I never asked if yuh love yuh country ... I find that people who affi state dem love them country may be trying to convince demselves of something.
                  I chose to come back to Jamaica, Lazie. Don't wrenk! I only drive a deportee, I am not one!

You, on the other hand, with American passport in hand, don't have the right to question my loyalty.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I chose to come back to Jamaica, Lazie. Don't wrenk! I only drive a deportee, I am not one!

You, on the other hand, with American passport in hand, don't have the right to question my loyalty.
                    Who brought up the love of their country? Anytime yuh get cornered yuh tun fool. You think I'm ashamed I have an American passport? Where others may be afraid to step forward .. my back is broad.
                    Last edited by Lazie; May 8, 2008, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Are you telling me that Manley had no reason to worry?

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                      Danville Walker has been Director of Election for how long now ?

What is the purpose of a Law ?

Jamaica has a very large Diaspora in 2008.

It would be prudent to examine existing laws which impact this segment negatively.

... at the very least, did you not hear that a foreign state had an interest in influencing the 1980 election?
                      The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                        Who brought up the love of their country?
                        I did, because that is the essence of this citizenship debate.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

• Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          I did, because that is the essence of this citizenship debate.
                          Is it? Having dual citizenship means one loves Jamaica less? Suh all those with dual citizenship that went back to Jamaica to contribute nuh love Jamaica then?

Unuh come up somethings sometimes its really amazing.

Comment

• Of course dem love Jamaica, but not as those who have not pledged allegiance to an alien country.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

• It would be prudent to examine existing laws which impact this segment negatively...

Yuh chuss Canada more dan Merica don't it...

Heh, heh.

Comment

• Why did these women choose to
                                embarass themselves this way? I am pressed to call them " the not too bright crew" princess would say 40 watt bulb.

Comment

Working...
                                X