Women lash dual citizenship flaws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baddaz View Post
    ok... keeping it real... it doesnt matter which side anybody is on... jlp or pnp or any other p, the constitution says if you hold allegiance to another country you cannot be in parliament...

do you have a problem with that lazie... what is your positon...
    I suggest you read an article by Peter Espuet. Pity he didn't entitle it, Hypocrites and the Constitution. The truth is, I wasn't aware the law existed until recent events. However, there have been a few people serving in both houses over the years and neither you, Mosiah and nobody else complained .. but I guess .."course change" now.

HL may come here and mek a talk in an attempt to touch a nerve of some of those sensitive ites ... but what he says is true. In order for Jamaica to move forward the Portias and the Warmingtons not gonna cut it.

PJ time and again encouraged Jamaicans to become citizens, but now if these people with dual citizenship should return to Jamaica there are restrictions? When at the same time there are people like Portia and Warmington holding high offices?

My view is the law need to be amended. People with dual citizenship cannot be PM. That I can agree with. But why should someone with VAST knowledge regarding energy be prevented from being Minister of Energy only to have a Warmington sitting in Cabinet unable to answer important questions?

Mek up unuh mind .. we either moving forward or its business as usual.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Schwarzenegger is a dual Austria/United States citizen.[43] He holds Austrian citizenship by birth and has held U.S. citizenship since becoming naturalized in 1983. Being Austrian and thus European he was able to win the 2007 European Voice campaigner of the year award for taking action against climate change with the California Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006 and plans to introduce an emissions trading scheme with other US states and possibly with the EU

Jamaica once again is shooting itself in the foot adhering to archaic laws and practice which have no relevance in her present reality and have not for some time..

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        Baddaz, there is not a soul I know who is being partial in this issue. Lazie just like to talk crap. I have long stated my view on it and there is no need to repeat it.

Low Lazie and him hysterics.
        "there is not a soul I know who is being partial in this issue"

Look inna the mirror ... what was your response to the PNP MP who was being discussed the other day?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

well in that way we would be like the US...i mean the running man is governor of california.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
            I suggest you read an article by Peter Espuet. Pity he didn't entitle it, Hypocrites and the Constitution. The truth is, I wasn't aware the law existed until recent events. However, there have been a few people serving in both houses over the years and neither you, Mosiah and nobody else complained .. but I guess .."course change" now.
            You may have forgotten (conveniently) or you are just plain lying. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and choose the latter.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

You are the search expert. Conduct a search!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Why didn't he run for president then?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Because currently US President cannot be a dual citizen. US is the most powerful nation on the Planet.

Here in Jamaica yuh cyaan even count vote iffn yuh is have 2 passport..

Who wi ?? Jamaica passport is a liability today !

LOL !!

Comment

Good! Every country has restrictions as to who can hold office. Great!

Ever thought for one minute that is exactly why the US is great? They have restrictions to certain things.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                      Good! Every country has restrictions as to who can hold office. Great!

Ever thought for one minute that is exactly why the US is great? They have restrictions to certain things.
                      NONSENSE!!!! The US has a population of over 300 million with more than enough professionals capable of moving their country forward. There is no restrictions as to who can be a governor, senator etc. Jamaica has a population of 2.7 million .. get real.

Comment

so you wrong on the US not recognising Dual citizen thingy?

just asking cause I really don't know.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

the day is shaping up nicely with suspense and intrigue

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I have always been told that they do not recognize it. I do not have concrete evidence. Bear in mind that Maudib was not quoting any official document either.

Could it be that they recognise Austrian-American citizenship and not ours? Dunno, but it does not matter to me. Away with persons illegally occupying public positions.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

just a wait pon Jawge, Karl, Don1 and HL fi come eeeennnn.

Lazie, MO and Ben inna fine form.
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Too bad!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X