Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 86 million in 2 years? When Assamba mek dat

<SPAN class=news_summary>she can talk!</SPAN>

<SPAN class=news_summary>Aloun Assamba under fire after brawl causes rift with party financier</SPAN>

<SPAN class=news_summary></SPAN>

<SPAN class=news_summary>An alleged rift between Member of Parliament for South East St. Ann, Aloun Assamba and a major party financier has rocked the Peoples National Party's (PNP) organization in the constituency. </SPAN>

<SPAN class=news_body>According to reports, the rift has widened in recent days following reports that the <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue! important; BORDER-BOTTOM: blue 1px solid; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Arial; POSITION: relative; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">Police</SPAN> were brought in to investigate the well known figure in the constituency.

Since Thursday some PNP supporters in the constituency have been calling the media indicating that they were planning a protest, calling for Mrs. Assamba to be replaced as the party's candidate in the constituency.

They claimed that they want her replaced because she might cost the party the seat.

But RJR <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue! important; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Arial; POSITION: relative">News</SPAN> understands that some PNP supporters are angry with Mrs. Assamba because they believe she called in the police to investigate, the alleged financier.

When contacted Friday morning Mrs. Assamba said she was aware of the reports but insisted that she did not call the police.

She said the rift results from an incident at the recently held party conference.

According to her, the incident resulted in a councillor receiving threats which were eventually reported to the police.

“There seems to have been a problem between one person and my councilor from Claremont, I called both of them together and the gentleman boxed and kicked the councilor in my presence. I must tell you I was extremely embarrassed and frightened because I said to myself I could have brought this councilor to his death.,” said Mrs. Assamba.

“Now my understanding is to say now that I have disrespected this person now I feel that I was completely disrespected by the <SPAN class=kLink style="FONT-WEIGHT: 400; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: blue! important; BORDER-BOTTOM: blue 1px solid; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana,Arial; POSITION: relative; BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent">behaviour</SPAN> of this person and I have left it. It has been reported to the party and the police are well aware of what occurred,” she co
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

RE: 86 million in 2 years? When Assamba mek dat

<DIV>Assamba scared of being called an informer?!? That incident should have been reported to the police and absolutely nothing is wrong if Mrs. Assamba was the one who did the calling! </DIV><DIV></DIV><DIV>This is where stern leadership must be shown by Portia. Unfortunately, I doubt very much we will see such leadership. Is this "party financier" the new PNP God?!? How many people have bought this party? Thought they were not for sale, yadda, yadda, yadda!</DIV>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

facts man...we want facts...who deliver the box dem? balla?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

LoL yuh too funny. The boxes were not delivered by balla, that is more Yutie's style!:P
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

Working...
        X