No announcement yet.

Badman a badman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In addition to taxes, I believe if the land is fenced off then no one can claim it, even if they have been on it for years.

Could somebody who knows the law help us out here?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Do we both have a different understanding of the word "legally"?

Minister of Water and Housing, Dr. Horace Chang, has said that the Government will seek to provide certificates of ownership (titles) for residents who have legal access to property that they occupy.
      "We intend to ensure that titling is a certificate of ownership, that once you have access to this piece of land, legally.it is your land; you receive your title," Dr. Chang said.
      Speaking at a titling ceremony held at the Olympic Gardens Civic Centre in Kingston, yesterday (April 18), Dr. Chang said that the move was part of the government's commitment to empower and improve the lives of citizens.
      "We want to establish a sense of ownership, which empowers the individual, shows respect to the individual and gives pride of ownership to every single person," the Minister said.
      Dr. Chang pointed out that a title as a certificate of ownership was valuable asset, as it could be used as a means of collateral. "When you have the certificate of ownership, it gives you the economic strength and the ability to leverage that property and build your family and your own welfare.You now have the basic tool in which to improve your economic status in life," he noted.
      Dr. Chang emphasized that the titling ceremony was symbolic of the commitment the government had "to ensure that we can begin the process of empowering our people by providing them with the title and certificate of ownership of their homes."
      "We (the Ministry) will begin to work with them (residents) to bring about the kind of improvement in the character of the communities.we will work incrementally to bring about infrastructural improvement," the Housing Minister said.
      The Minister pointed to the National Housing Development Corporation, which he said had some 16,000 titles, noting that, "we want to work to get those titles in the hands of individuals."
      He said that individuals owning their own homes, was critical to the stability and quality communities. "We feel it is important anywhere in Jamaica for you to have that sense of ownership and belonging to your neighbourhood, so that you can begin to work together to protect that area," Dr. Chang emphasized.
      Meanwhile, Member of Parliament for West Central St. Andrew, Andrew Holness said titling is an important process. "It underpins economic development, because the titling embodies your asset; it says I own something, and I can pass that asset on to my children or I can convert it to another form of wealth," Mr. Holness said.
      Ten homeowners from the Seward Pen and Tower Hill Housing Schemes in St. Andrew received their titles at the ceremony.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
        Do we both have a different understanding of the word "legally"?

Minister of Water and Housing, Dr. Horace Chang, has said that the Government will seek to provide certificates of ownership (titles) for residents who have legal access to property that they occupy.
        "We intend to ensure that titling is a certificate of ownership, that once you have access to this piece of land, legally.it is your land; you receive your title," Dr. Chang said.
        Speaking at a titling ceremony held at the Olympic Gardens Civic Centre in Kingston, yesterday (April 18), Dr. Chang said that the move was part of the government's commitment to empower and improve the lives of citizens.
        "We want to establish a sense of ownership, which empowers the individual, shows respect to the individual and gives pride of ownership to every single person," the Minister said.
        Dr. Chang pointed out that a title as a certificate of ownership was valuable asset, as it could be used as a means of collateral. "When you have the certificate of ownership, it gives you the economic strength and the ability to leverage that property and build your family and your own welfare.You now have the basic tool in which to improve your economic status in life," he noted.
        Dr. Chang emphasized that the titling ceremony was symbolic of the commitment the government had "to ensure that we can begin the process of empowering our people by providing them with the title and certificate of ownership of their homes."
        "We (the Ministry) will begin to work with them (residents) to bring about the kind of improvement in the character of the communities.we will work incrementally to bring about infrastructural improvement," the Housing Minister said.
        The Minister pointed to the National Housing Development Corporation, which he said had some 16,000 titles, noting that, "we want to work to get those titles in the hands of individuals."
        He said that individuals owning their own homes, was critical to the stability and quality communities. "We feel it is important anywhere in Jamaica for you to have that sense of ownership and belonging to your neighbourhood, so that you can begin to work together to protect that area," Dr. Chang emphasized.
        Meanwhile, Member of Parliament for West Central St. Andrew, Andrew Holness said titling is an important process. "It underpins economic development, because the titling embodies your asset; it says I own something, and I can pass that asset on to my children or I can convert it to another form of wealth," Mr. Holness said.
        Ten homeowners from the Seward Pen and Tower Hill Housing Schemes in St. Andrew received their titles at the ceremony.
        Political double talk!
        Politriks!
        He just made sure he 'covered his arse'!
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          Political double talk!
          Politriks!
          He just made sure he 'covered his arse'!
          If you say suh Karl.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

so who is informal settlers? Mi nuh think him a talk the arawak them or the Caribs or the Taino(a so them call them now?)
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              so who is informal settlers? Mi nuh think him a talk the arawak them or the Caribs or the Taino(a so them call them now?)
              A few years back I was reviewing our loan portfolio with the World Bank. I then asking Missing Person Balla some questions for which he did provide the answers. After going in search I realized that there was a site called, http://www.jis.gov.jm.

When RJR, the Gleaner and Observer will report parts of a story, the JIS is a good spot to follow up and you can come to your own conclusions.

Again, I refer you to the initial quote from Bobby Montague.

Comment

Lazie there is the quote from Montique and what Golding actual said, as well as the reality.

You can keep Montique as your only source.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Lazie there is the quote from Montique and what Golding actual said, as well as the reality.

You can keep Montaque as your only source.
                  .. I asked for the article with what Golding said didn't I? I went in search of it, I found quotes from Chang and Montaque. Suh how we gonna do it now? Disregard articles that don't support what we believe? Bruce would be a damn madman fi waan tek people's land and give it those who attempted to steal it in the first place.

Comment

"Bruce would be a damn madman fi waan tek people's land and give it those who attempted to steal it in the first place"

You will live fi withdraw these words. I have heard him say it Lazie but since I am no source then he will say it again, yes he will.

Comment

"Bruce would be a damn madman fi waan tek people's land and give it those who attempted to steal it in the first place"

You will live fi withdraw these words. I have heard him say it Lazie but since I am no source then he will say it again, yes he will.
                      We could continue this all day. However, I realize on this forum, when people are proven wrong dem try to twist and turn. What did you hear the PM say?

"We are pursuing the proposal we had put forward in our election manifesto for the establishment of Community Land Tribunals to help to affirm ownership of lands by taking oral evidence at the community level where boundaries are clearly established and ownership is not in dispute but documentation does not exist.

If we can find a way to make it easier for people who have undisputed ownership of land to be able to have the ownership legally certified, we would unleash enormous wealth-creating power. I am determined to drive that process." (PM's budget presentation).

Wow .. there is that word ... LEGALLY again!

Comment

Forwud !!

Comment

you need to read the JLP manifesto that talk about regularise illegal settlement.

I don't have to debate this with you because I heard it from Golding own mouth in his budget debate or on his radio show and I am certain you will hear it again.

Comment

Working...
                          X