Minister’s response to wage demand angers NAJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minister’s response to wage demand angers NAJ

The island's registered nurses are in a militant mood ahead of an emergency meeting called for Monday to discuss a wage claim.
    Nurses are said to be upset over statements made by Minister Without Portfolio in the Ministry of Finance Senator Dwight Nelson that their demand for a 100% salary increase will not be entertained.
    Speaking with RJR News earlier this week, Senator Nelson said it would be impossible to the Government to accommodate a doubling of nurses' salaries.

But the Nurses Association of Jamaica said it will be insisting that the Government live up to its election promise of a 100% increase in salaries.
    NAJ President Edith Allwood-Anderson said the matter is high on the agenda of Monday morning's membership meeting at the Association's Trevennion Road office.

http://www.radiojamaica.com/content/view/7801/26/
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Did he make that promise or not?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Is like 'ductor ah promise a smooth ride..

Heh, heh.

Comment

PJ did promise free education.

Well if them wait 5 years and get 25% a year it would be double, wouldn't it?
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I'll take that as a yes.

Thanks!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Wi gawn way pass dat.. how yuh suh late ?

Comment

Working...
            X