RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Mosiah doing about the gun crimes in Jamaica?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Mosiah doing about the gun crimes in Jamaica?

Is it okay to just post one's views on this Forum, and talk about the people we know who have become the latest victims?

Some forumites think we are all to be blamed for what's happening. Mawnin, Karl! Well, I can't tek any more blame, but how can I make a difference?

What would you do? HL, any ideas?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Only thing mi can tell you is help as much youth as you can and be active in schools and youth clubs. Give any speech etc you can on the topic. Every one youth you help is one less gunman. It may not seem like a lot and you may never make the papers but if you can turn one youth away from the gun, you have done your job.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

An never vote PNP again... until I seh is ok.

Follow dat principle and 'bettah muss come'

Comment

Break they neck !! ...... string dem up and as mi granny say "heng dem high"

Comment

First of all I have to commend you for your involvement in the JFJ. I think more can be done when people collectively pool their efforts and speak as one voice.

I would do some research on countries and cities that had very high rates of gun crimes, and how those places were able to implement effective strategies to reduce gun crimes. There is a lot of information out there can be applied, and modeled to our unique situation in Jamaica. Present these practical solutions to the JFJ, and have them take the lead in getting those strategies adopted by the JCF and the wider Jamaican community at home.
          Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

The JFJ, along with others, have suggested numerous things for the police and the govt. to implement. Some of them have been done and some will be done. Let's credit the JLP for being a little more in sync with human rights organisations thus far.

I don't think the JFJ goes far enuff. We need some drastic action, but I guess that's the problem for the JFJ. It's very dangerous for our corrupt police to take a drastic approach because it could get worse, or be seriously undermined when they start leaking news. But how much more should we take before something is done? 2,000 murders a year? Will that alarm us, or do we have to get into the 10 of thousands before we demand action?

Thanks for the commendation. It's the least I can do.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
              Is it okay to just post one's views on this Forum, and talk about the people we know who have become the latest victims?

Some forumites think we are all to be blamed for what's happening. Mawnin, Karl! Well, I can't tek any more blame, but how can I make a difference?

DISARM!
              ...then all those with guns who are not authorised to carry - mek demself BUD!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Is that what I should do, Karl? I am not armed, so how can I disarm?

Or is that what "the armed" should do? How do we get them to do so? Come, Karl, wi talking reality now.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Is that what I should do, Karl? I am not armed, so how can I disarm?

Or is that what "the armed" should do? How do we get them to do so? Come, Karl, wi talking reality now.

~sigh~
                  Agitate for!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Ask the UN for Black Peace Keepers

Flood Kingston, Southern St Andrew, St Catherine with peace keepers and free the JDF and JCF to patrol the rest of Jamaica.
                    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Suh why dem haffi be black ???

Comment

Is which country you from?

What would be the public opinion/reaction to white men shooting black man if they had to? Jamaican would never accept white soldiers, it would be another Somalia.

Just send in some black troops and dont worry about racism.
                        The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

"Don't worry about racism..."

Hmm.

Comment

Push our Govt. to demand accountability from the gum manufacturers and dealers.Victims of gun crime should be able to at least sue the gun dealers that operate out of the trunk of their car, and those dealers should be subjected to arrests.
                            It is a known fact, gun manufacturers produces more guns than the legal market demands, the excess is to facilitate the illegal sales.
                            I would fancy the homemade weapons any day.
                            Cuba has old cars, we should have old guns.

Blessed
                            Last edited by Rockman; May 5, 2008, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Give back the police them m16 and stop announced curfew unti

l all manpower and expertize is in place. Have a meeting with all of the Dons over green bay and bun up the building. Turn most of the streets in the bad areas as one way street with some sleeping soldier semi bridge in the middle of the street.. Implant some computer chip in every bad man who go a jail . get rid of all the DEA AND CIA agents in jamaica...

Stop wasted manpower and money to bun down man weed field...

Make sure policeman them get a certain stage in karate,marshall arts etc before graduating.

Build security checks gate like Gaza strips in the garrisons where there is more killing etc.

Expand the grown locally concept .

Adapt some of singaphore laws...

Have a 5 months curfew a kingston...

Let every parish have its own licences plates build by prisoners.

monitor the security and guns club...ban all guns clubs..

Stop treat the man dem so bad a jail.

Start mek the man dem wear pink clothes a jail.

Ban all outside food and clothes during jail visits.

Ban all cell phones for prisoner a jail.

Let most of the parliamentarian work at the wharf than chat foolishness a king house . At least we know who to go to when illegal things enter the island .

Do more police raids between 3 am - 10:30am .

ban all private importation of guns.

Start invest more into the ghettos.

Get rid of the thieving politician them.

Get rid of the party system in jamaica .

Hired regional directors instead of political representatives.

Used the security money provided from Britain,usa and canada to build and fix up the schools in the inner cities.

Start/build a research lab for marijuana ...

start more parenting courses from an earlier age in schools.

Start invest more in education and agriculture than tourism

build more regional higher education facilities islandwide

Let all mp's use them own salaries to buy them own cars etc.

Plant more food etc in empty lots a kingston .

Invest more in the car company a jamaica.

Comment

Working...
                              X