Kingston simmers, Jamaica burns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingston simmers, Jamaica burns

This is one course that desperately needs changing..... where is National Security Minister Derrick Smith? Why is he so silent? Is this guy still sick or just tired? Is he up to the task?

We're on track for another 1500+ murders this year.

3 killed in Waterhouse
    Thursday, 01 May 2008
    The violence which is gripping sections of the Corporate Area since the beginning of the week, Thursday spilled over to West Central St. Andrew.

Balcombe Drive in the Waterhouse community was the scene of the bloodshed where four persons were shot, three fatally.

A mother and her daughter were numbered among the dead.

Gunshots rang out just before 5 o'clock.

The location was 71B Balcombe Drive - where Bonita Taylor, 45 and her daughter Shashauna Hal, 20 were killed.

The gunmen reportedly went through the community trying several front doors before getting to their house.

Shortly after leaving the women's house, another round of gunshots rang out and

Sheldon Faulknor, 26, also called "Taffa" laid dead.

Commanding Officer for the St. Andrew South Police Division Superintendent Derrick Knight told RJR News that "Taffa" was one of the main proponents of the gun violence.

"This man has been giving the police and the communities in and around Balcombe Drive (and) Drewsland problems for sometime, he is also linked to a triple murder at a go-go club last year ... he is a deportee."

Superintendent Derrick Knight said the police have increased their presence in the area and will be looking at strategies to stem the violence.

Scores of residents who descended on the scene recounted a history of charges and counter charges between feuding communities.

"Dem have it fi seh wi a meck money an wi naw gi dem none but wi ah hard working people so dem wha kill off all di man dem dung yah so a prowl dem a prowl choo di place last night and choo dem nuh see nuh man dem wi man now dem just tun it out uman," said one resident.

Another man was shot an injured.

It is believed that he was shot in retaliation for the murder of the two women.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

PNP Insurrection is getting out of hand !

Comment

In the last two days, this violence has become too close for comfort.

In Allman Town 2 or 3 days ago, a forumite's relative was gunned down, innocently.

Around the same time, a somewhat distant acquaintance of mine was shot as he drove thru a neighbourhood, the victim of mistaken identity. The gunmen have since apologised to his widow for pumping him with 15 bullets.

Only about 3 weeks ago, I was driving around in this very community, looking for a friend of mine. I could not quite remember the address. Inner city youth do not like when strange cars drive around their communities. I could have been killed too!

I just heard yesterday that a security guard at my workplace lost his father to the gun. I have no idea if his father was involved in a gun lifestyle.

But we sleep well at nights because the speakers have been unplugged. And our neighbourhoods smell better because police have begun to draw down on public urinators.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Coulda worse, coulda have di murders AND haffi endure the noise and smell of urine..

Comment

Sad to hear,

Nowadays these killings and shootings are not only close to home they are home and its right at our door.

What happens in the inner city today affects all of us.
          We have to stand as men and make courageous change. Talking time done now

I got out one of my brother from the force and he is up here now. I am trying to get the other one out before the summer heat hits along with high gas prices, high food prices, recession in the US and dried up remittance as the drug game too is also pop dung.

For a country filled with AK-47's there is only one outcome unless we squarely tackle the underlying cause of this problem head on.

People are lining up for Visa's to get out of Jamaica and to go where? USA is just as bad.

California is getting ready for one of the hottest summer on record, possibilities of rolling black outs, and riots. It has the potential to be a long hot summer and no mention if earthquake hits us.

If we saw what happened in new orleans

time fi wise up and take stock

time fi move to the hills and country

Mosiah hail up tilla for me, right now mi inna the cave but mi soon come back out

Comment

Flood the street with peace keepers

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
            This is one course that desperately needs changing..... where is National Security Minister Derrick Smith? Why is he so silent? Is this guy still sick or just tired? Is he up to the task?

We're on track for another 1500+ murders this year.

3 killed in Waterhouse
            Thursday, 01 May 2008
            The violence which is gripping sections of the Corporate Area since the beginning of the week, Thursday spilled over to West Central St. Andrew.

Balcombe Drive in the Waterhouse community was the scene of the bloodshed where four persons were shot, three fatally.

A mother and her daughter were numbered among the dead.

Gunshots rang out just before 5 o'clock.

The location was 71B Balcombe Drive - where Bonita Taylor, 45 and her daughter Shashauna Hal, 20 were killed.

The gunmen reportedly went through the community trying several front doors before getting to their house.

Shortly after leaving the women's house, another round of gunshots rang out and

Sheldon Faulknor, 26, also called "Taffa" laid dead.

Commanding Officer for the St. Andrew South Police Division Superintendent Derrick Knight told RJR News that "Taffa" was one of the main proponents of the gun violence.

"This man has been giving the police and the communities in and around Balcombe Drive (and) Drewsland problems for sometime, he is also linked to a triple murder at a go-go club last year ... he is a deportee."

Superintendent Derrick Knight said the police have increased their presence in the area and will be looking at strategies to stem the violence.

Scores of residents who descended on the scene recounted a history of charges and counter charges between feuding communities.

"Dem have it fi seh wi a meck money an wi naw gi dem none but wi ah hard working people so dem wha kill off all di man dem dung yah so a prowl dem a prowl choo di place last night and choo dem nuh see nuh man dem wi man now dem just tun it out uman," said one resident.

Another man was shot an injured.

It is believed that he was shot in retaliation for the murder of the two women.

... ask the Africans for help and flood the streets with african international peace keepers...
            The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Yuh must trty fi pass through more often, zeen.

Blessed

Comment

hmmm..

Comment

Don't be naive, Jamaica has been a murderous country for a long time under your PNP comrade friends. Any strategies to reduce crime will take many years for them to be effective.
                  Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

So, you think this has to do with PNP or JLP?! Talk about naive!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mosiah, don't be silly, and yuh need to read your brethren's post. Yuh are in denial if yuh believe crime will be solved overnight after so many years of poor leadership.
                      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

And I said this JLP govt. should solve it overnight!?!

Just so this discussion don't slink into the political gutter, let me remind you and others that my disgust with our politicians and police re their approach to crime did not start on September 3, 2007. I was not impressed with the PNP's approach and the JLP approach thus far does not bring any comfort. At the very least, the govt. and the police could have at least given us a sign, just a likkle sign, dat something will be done differently and drastically that might bring crime down to some acceptable level, like 1,000 murders per year! (At the rate we are going, truss mi, a national holiday will be called if that happens.)

So, let's leave the politics out of it and let's leave statements that I never made out of it too!

In the meanwhile, I live here and have to think about my every move. Allow me to rant if I want to, while I still can!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

we gone bad when 1000 a year is acceptable.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
                            PNP Insurrection is getting out of hand !
                            Stupid statement in response to loss of life. A few days before there were murders in "Southside". Did that represent na JLP insurrection? As you like to say "raise the level". Your party is in power you can now take off the blinkers.

Comment

wen Politicians and dem family start to get gunned down, THEN and only THEN will we see changes!!

Comment

Working...
                              X