Suh like how Guyana ban Bounty and Movado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suh like how Guyana ban Bounty and Movado

wha unuh ago duh now? Stop eat rice from Guyana?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Mavado & Killa banned in Guyana

Two Jamaican dance hall artistes - Bounty Killa and Mavado have been banned by the government of Guyana.
    At a press conference held Monday afternoon in Georgetown, Home Affairs Minister Clement Rohee told reporters that Bounty Killa, whose real name is Rodney Price and Mavado whose real name is David Brooks are seen as a security risk to the country.
    Mr. Rohee said the decision to blacklist the two Jamaicans was taken last week by the Bharrat Jagdeo administration after careful consideration of their track records.
    Mavado was due to perform at a concert to celebrate the Linden Town this weekend.
    Bounty Killa's last performance in Guyana two weeks ago ended in controversy with a faulty music system and sporadic gunfire.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

No if them did Ban Reggae is a different thing
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        No if them did Ban Reggae is a different thing
        Yuh a jump di gun Sass ... Mi think unuh woulda wait until Movado ask fi a ban of Guyana rice.

Comment

Lazie I support banning any artiste, producer, any event but not to ban everbody.

Jamaican music and events are too diverse fi paint it with one brush and that is my point, you can talk all you want when I said we shouldn't support gun lyrics you a the one who say you love it, so how fast you change tune and want all a dem ban.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

It would be like a US company that have a problem with violence at hip-hop shows decide that them not sponsoring any R&B shows with artistes like Anita Baker and Jeffery Osbourne either. The black music community would be silly not to respond to that kind of lunacy.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              Lazie I support banning any artiste, producer, any event but not to ban everbody.

Jamaican music and events are too diverse fi paint it with one brush and that is my point, you can talk all you want when I said we shouldn't support gun lyrics you a the one who say you love it, so how fast you change tune and want all a dem ban.
              "Yuh see the big 45 John tom di bury" a line from Shabba's Rude Boy on his Xtra Naked Album .. an album I THINK he got a grammy for. Of course I love gun tune .. I've admitted I'm the biggest hypocrite around here when it comes to that.

"Gangsta duh dem own thing .. neva leff dem crome ting!" (Munga). Another track that I do like.

Its when it is taken over the line that I tek a step back. As in Ward 21 "A whey di #$%%^ ******************** duh yuh ... mi and mi big dutty gun wi slaughtah yuh!

I never say they should be banned ... I said they need to clean up their lyrical content and their attitudes. Why Movado and Vybes cannot get a visa? Yuh tink a because dem nuh "light skinned"?

Why are all these other islands banning these artistes ... while Red Stipe which is trying to sell their products in these SAME islands must continue sponsor shows with these artistes? Time unuh stop being emotional and look at the big picture.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                It would be like a US company that have a problem with violence at hip-hop shows decide that them not sponsoring any R&B shows with artistes like Anita Baker and Jeffery Osbourne either. The black music community would be silly not to respond to that kind of lunacy.
                Islandman you are aware that most MAJOR stage shows are dominated by Dancehall acts? Wasn't there a call a while back for DJs to tone down with certain music during their act ... but it eventually got worse? If a DJ a flop ... whats the line to get all hands in the air? Well .. there are 2!
                Who nuh suck ... put yuh hand inna the air (hair cause most a dem love use "h").

The other is ... if yuh nuh like ....... hand inna the air.

Comment

Yes the major shows are dominated by dancehall but not ALL dancehall artistes do violent lyrics. I think they would have sent a much more powerful message (assuming this was thier objective) by saying they will sponsor shows where the artistes are uplifting in thier message.
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Red Stripe is not banning any artist, it is banning live shows. Big difference. That mean them woulda ban the wonderful concert Berres Hammond had a few weeks ago, they will not support Jazz fest. Can you tell me what that have to do with Bounty and Mavado lyrics?

It is wrong to label all artist and all show as one. We as Jamaicans may all be Ganja smokers based on this kind of support Red Stripe is giving us.

Also you have no idea why Vybz can't travel? I say this because because I was in CT with Vybz and Richie B doing some promotion a few years back. Do you realise some of these artist come up here and associate with gunmen and drugs men and sometimes it affects their travel status and that is not about the lyrics. I am not accusing Vybz or any other artist but sometimes some a them deserve the travel ban.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                      Yes the major shows are dominated by dancehall but not ALL dancehall artistes do violent lyrics. I think they would have sent a much more powerful message (assuming this was thier objective) by saying they will sponsor shows where the artistes are uplifting in thier message.
                      You may be right ... but I can recall there was a push for the DJs to tone down with the violence. Beenie Man was one of the players ...it hasn't improved. I cannot blame Red Stripe at all. The DJs need fi check demself and change dem strategy instead of talking bout boycotting Red Stripe.

Comment

I have no problems with some of these islands banning certain artists. Some a dem attract too much crazy yutes who nuh fraid fi fire dem weapon in a crowd.
                        Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Guyana did the right thing , did they Ban All reggae Artist esp the Homophobic one ?

Stop generalise only fools do that .
                          Last edited by Sir X; April 29, 2008, 12:14 PM.
                          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

just now movado cannot travel anywhere his career will ruin

Comment

LAZIE my a wait pon you.

Nobody nuh deh a Red Stripe fi tell the difference between Berres Hammond Concert, Air Jamaica Jazz and Blue festival different from PASSA PASSA?

Comment

Working...
                              X