Haitian Ackee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haitian Ackee

So I went to a farmers market to get some red snapper, jack, goat mullet, porgy and so on and so forth.

I saw some ackee that was from Haiti. They sold for $7.99/can!!!!!!

The brand of ackee from jamaica sold for$13.99.

I have not experimented with this brand before.

Madamx, Lazie, assasin...what should i expect?

Thanks in advance.

(woooooops!...wrong class-room. Tilla or any of the 'door-keepers', please transfer this to the other site).
    Last edited by HL; April 28, 2008, 05:34 PM.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

So wait Haiti have a competitve advantage over we? or a price we a price we self outa the market.

I don't know what to expect but a Ackee so mi wouldn't worry too much.

Now you see how Jamaicans a joke. We don't believe in reasonable market price and producing to meet the market, we believe inna making as much as we can from one tin a ackee and kill the demand.

If I see ackee for 8 dollars I can't refuse it if a even China it come from.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
      So I went to a farmers market to get some red snapper, jack, goat mullet, porgy and so on and so forth.

Thanks in advance.

(woooooops!...wrong class-room. Tilla or any of the 'door-keepers', please transfer this to the other site).
      HL, what state you live in? As far as I see it no way ackee fi even sell for $7.99/can. Think about it, it use to be illegal so the price was high, but the price never went down once it became legal...Man dem a gouge. How much fi a can of ackee a yard?

Comment

Dread, i have bought ackee for $15.00/can. (Well $14.99 to be exact.).

There seem to be a haitian brand that cost less. I bought a can last saturday--but i have not tried it.

i have no idea of how much it cost in jamaica.

It's far cheaper in England. (I forget the price). Last time i was there i left with about 4 can in my suit case.

HL

Comment

Ackee price actually went down to 6 dollars a can but after a breeze blow a few years ago the price actually went up but a rob them a rob we cause it sell for much less in Canada and England. In England it is 2-3 pound fi a can of Ackee.

HL we have the 90 of the market on ackee and we choose to sit pon it instead of planting ackee and supplying more man siddun deh and a talk bout them nuh know what fi farm? The leaders them a farm fool as Ja can make 3 times the amount them currently making on Ackee.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

nearer my God to thee!

Originally posted by HL View Post

Thanks in advance.

Dash it weh!! What Haitian know bout ackee???

Seriously, I have a Haitian girlfriends who tells me that people (still?) die over there from eating force ripe ackee and that the people generally avoid it (admittedly she's been gone from there for ages).

With reports of mud biscuits being common fare there - when a Haitian avoids a food source that says a lot for the level of ignorance regarding ackee.

Personally I wouldn't trust it.
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Good point, and also "Jamaicans" have very little to do with the price of ackee, the "farin market" and companies like Grace K..do.

Blessed

Comment

You nuh eat the Haitian mango?

A man did tell me that a yardman setup them thing over deh but I can't swear fi dat.

Shatta may know bout the Haitian Ackee but a long time mi nuh see him.

Comment

hmmmmmmm

HL

Comment

Oh, i picked up a box of Haitian mangoes too.

They are excellent!!!

HL

Comment

Originally posted by TheDread View Post
                      How much fi a can of ackee a yard?
                      Can?!?

I hope is JA$2,000 a can!

If it even free is mussi ongle Maudib dem woulda buy it!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Last year me go a Canada and nearly tun eediat when me see de price of a tin of ackee. I came back with 2 boxes. Me nyam ackee till me clide.

Speaking bout mangoEs. Is there some reason why I am yet to see mangoes from Jamaica on the US market? Oranges I can understand, but I used to love eat some Ortanique. I see everything else except Jamaican mangoes. These mangoes (I hope I'm spelling it right) here nuh have nuh taste.
                        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Lazie and Ben need fi hook we up with Chris Tufton, A want talk to him. Last time mi eat mango a when mi go Jamaica inna 2002 before that a wen mi go a England inna 2000. As fi neesberry and star apple?

How can they not export these crops and a talk bout competition in Brocolli?

Jamaica a farm fools not crops. Ackee a 14 dollar a tin and farmer poor.

Comment

Lazie and Ben need fi hook we up with Chris Tufton, A want talk to him. Last time mi eat mango a when mi go Jamaica inna 2002 before that a wen mi go a England inna 2000. As fi neesberry and star apple?

How can they not export these crops and a talk bout competition in Brocolli?

Jamaica a farm fools not crops. Ackee a 14 dollar a tin and farmer poor.

Comment

Mi have a ban pon $15.00 ackee, a mus mi wife buy it

Tell me how the Haitian Ackee taste cause mi know you nah folla Don1 and throw it way before you tek two bite with piece a saltfish and Dumpling

Comment

Working...
                              X