Local tourism attractions boring - PM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local tourism attractions boring - PM

Prime Minister Bruce Golding has lamented the state of tourism attractions in Jamaica ahead of this weekend's tourism expo Japex being held in Kingston.

Essentially, Mr. Golding said tourists who come to Jamaica have very little to do.
    He argued that the Tourism industry had done a good job of promoting the destination and the addition of new rooms but attractions had been largely ignored.
    "I think that we have a weakness in our product in the sense that people come here, stay in the hotels which are nice and all that and try to provide some kind of entertain, but I wouldn't blame a visitor if he got bored watching the same cabaret show three nights in succession," he said.
    Mr. Golding said he wants to get tourists out on the road where they can mingle with ordinary Jamaicans.
    He told tour operators who were feted at a reception at Vale Royal Thursday night that the nation's culture and folklore would be integrated in the tourism product.
    "I want to get our tourists out on the road but the problem is that the attractions that we have are in essence daytime attractions."
    Mr. Golding said the Tourism Product Development Company would be charged with reinvigorating the country's attractions.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Mr. PM the crime ting need to be addressed first.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

...what crime ting...?

Jamaica nice!!
      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Working...
      X