RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thousands benefit from free health care WOW!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thousands benefit from free health care WOW!!!

Thousands benefit from free health care

Friday, April 25, 2008

SPANISH TOWN, St Catherine - Over 100,000 people have benefitted so far since government instituted the no user fee policy in public hospitals three weeks ago.
    Reports from the health ministry show that some 152,569 patients have benefited from the new policy - hospital registration accounted for over 90,000 while just over 70,000 were registered at type three to type five health centres. Some $24.3 million in hospital registration fees has been waived.
    Dr Marion Bullock-Ducasse, senior medical officer in the Ministry of Health, made the report on the health minister's behalf Tuesday, at a handing over ceremony for the Operation Certification Programme at the Registrar General's Department, St Catherine.
    She said the abolition of the user fee policy is geared at improving the lives of those who now have unrestricted access to basic health care services, noting that it was a plank on which his ministry endeavours to build a modern and sustainable health sector.
    Operation Certification is an Inner City Basic Services Project (ICBSP) launched by the Jamaica Social Investment Fund (JSIF) in January in 14 inner-city communities islandwide, geared at improving access to innumerable basic services where many encounter challenges. One such service is facilitating the acquisition of civil registration documents as well as creating opportunities for inner-city persons to gain access to services and programmes provided by state agencies that will help to enhance and improve their quality of life.
    During the four-month project, 1,200 birth certificates were obtained from the RGD at a subsidised cost of $100 for people who could not afford the $750 fee.
    Thirty-two children from the Little Angel Early Childhood Basic School in Spanish Town received their birth certificates and are now able to complete their school registration.
    Through a subsidy of $1.3 million, the 12 ICBSPs were provided with their civil registration documents.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Think dem did say it cyaan work?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Earth to Don Juan. Is what a gwaan SeƱor Juan?
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
        Earth to Don Juan. Is what a gwaan SeƱor Juan?
        Is this meant for me? If it is I'm at a loss.... especially since I made no comment on the GOJ's health policy.
        TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

what is your opinion?
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
            Is this meant for me? If it is I'm at a loss.... especially since I made no comment on the GOJ's health policy.
            Suh wait ... isn't the heathcare policy apart of .. whats that term you used again ..... "election based goodies!"

Hortical is right fi sound you out.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

"Thousands benefit from free health care"
              The waiving of hospital fees is free health care.
              What Cuba has is free health care and not this thingy, and the registration fee is probably the lowest of the fees facing a patient at the hospital.
              We REALLY thank the PM,and know it should be seen as a start..

Blessed

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                "Thousands benefit from free health care"
                The waiving of hospital fees is free health care.
                What Cuba has is free health care and not this thingy, and the registration fee is probably the lowest of the fees facing a patient at the hospital.
                We REALLY thank the PM,and know it should be seen as a start..

Blessed
                Rockman ... its not just hospital fees bredren.

Comment

[QUOTE=Assasin;97962]what is your opinion?[/QUOTE

I agree with the intent of the policy - making healthcare more available. I also believe that making it 100% free is an error. Even a Silicon Valley economist would say that any good or service provided with zero cost is likely to encourage wasteful consumption...... so maybe there should be a very nominal charge applied to reduce the incidence of waste..... but overall I'm supportive.
                  TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

There are many countries that have it totally free. Some have it free for most.

overall I think it is less worry on the pocket for individual Jamaicans and if we deal with productivity then it is the way to go. It seems like too many people was trying bush remedy and keeping away from the doctors because of the charge.

Comment

Working...
                    X