RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mavado, Jay Z for Madison Square Garden?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mavado, Jay Z for Madison Square Garden?

Dancehall artiste Mavado is getting set to make his first ever appearance onstage live with rap mogul Jay Z. The deejay says Jay Z is planning to call him up during an upcoming show in the U.S.
    "Him (Jay Z) waan call mi up a Madison Square Garden, a show sometime inna June," Mavado told THE WEEKEND STAR in an exclusive interview.
    Rapper Jay Z, recently heard Mavado's On The Rock song and immediately fell in love with it and did a remix. Since then, the combination has been creating quite a stir in Jamaica and various parts of the U.S.

A guh hard a foreign
    According to Mavado, "it (the remix) a guh hard a foreign...it deh number one inna Trinidad and Europe".
    In the meantime, Mavado says what Jay Z does when performing the song, "is to play my part an do fi him part".
    "Wi hear sey him do one show a Canada wah day an him do di song an it lock down di whole place," Mavado said.

However, Mavado is keeping his fingers crossed as there remains one major concern. Mavado's recent visa problems are still looming, and there is the possibility that he might not be allowed to travel to the US But Mavado says he is remaining positive.

"From mi get fi guh it a guh mad, but mi nuh even know wah gwaan wid dat (visa). But mi jus a gwaan watch an si," Mavado said.
    Mavado says since he was denied entry into the US, he has been missing out on shows.
    "Around five show mi end up miss already cause a di whole ting, three a New York an bout two inna di small islands. But yuh done know how it guh, man nah too worry dem self, what's due to Caesar..."
    "A whole heap a ting dem know a guh gwaan fi mi an dem a try slow up man ting," he said.

Great experience
    Mavado, however, said it would be a great experience for him if he really got the opportunity to perform with Jay Z.
    "Definately it woulda great, 'cause di song itself, it a guh hard. It would be a great feeling, cause rememba sey a Jay Z dat an dem man deh a genius, rap legend dat," he said.

Mavado also said that plans were in the pipelines for the two of them to team up to make a video for the single.
    "Right now di company dem a line up dem self fi get dat (a music video) sort out," Mavado said.
    Mavado is next billed to perform at a stage show at Temple Hall Estate called 'Rendezvous' on May 10.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Mi nuh rate him .. sorry ... but of the clown was keeping himself out of trouble, he wouldn't be wondering if him gonna get a visa for such a big opportunity.

X, KArl ... as mi say, Jamaicans turn up dem nose pon Dancehall ... Duncehall music ... while the world embracing it.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

a nuh just dancehall
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

A clip of jigga doing the track in toronto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYPDKIN8-Bc

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          a nuh just dancehall
          I'm talking about dancehall because of those here that want to disown the music. Yet when the DJ dem duh a tink internationally everybody waan proud?

Isn't that hypocritical?

Comment

Lazie same thing happen to SKA. When you couldn' hear a sky in Ja in the 80s the white punk rock bands were milking it in America and Europe.

In Ja right now you can't hear many a the foundation singers pon the radio but a man like Burning Spear and Jimmy Cliff a full up Arenas, Mystic Revelation of Rastafari still go pon European tours although Bredda Sam, Bredda Royo and Cedric Hymn Brooks a mussi bout 100 hear old now.

It is simple that we don't appreciate a lot of our talent.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Movado stuck a yard and he will have to eat a food elsewhere. T&T and other islands in the Caribbean tings can gwaan. I doubt he will get a UK visa.
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Lazie watch yuh speech , bout turn up noise, yuh ave two class of dancehall slackness and culture.

Yuh love slackness me love culture , and wha, there must be a reason i post all these videos on the site ?

How in the world yuh come to that conclusion stop spread yuh propoganda on the dread.

Now my point was made in the above statement about your love for slackness, how do i know you are for slackness and not culture ?

I dont ! but I just painted you in a corner like you did me because you said you didnt like a certain artist .

Chek yuh self.
                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by X View Post
                  Lazie watch yuh speech , bout turn up noise, yuh ave two class of dancehall slackness and culture.

Yuh love slackness me love culture , and wha, there must be a reason i post all these videos on the site ?

How in the world yuh come to that conclusion stop spread yuh propoganda on the dread.

Now my point was made in the above statement about your love for slackness, how do i know you are for slackness and not culture ?

I dont ! but I just painted you in a corner like you did me because you said you didnt like a certain artist .

Chek yuh self.
                  Culture dancehall? Post some a dat lemme see.

Comment

I think he means conscious dancehall. Some tunes by Buju Banton & Capleton can be considered as conscious dancehall.
                    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Vids dont equate to all the positive cultutre/conscious songs in the dj genere .Please lets not be simplistic.

Capleton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Kv4MfhIpVM

sizzla

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnDzx...eature=related

Capleton

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXK0P...eature=related

Buju

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6nZo6n_gQw
                      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Yuh posted 3 reggae songs and 1 dancehall song. Suh it look like yuh rate reggae but not dancehall.

Comment

I would classify those songs as reggae. Now you have some conscious dancehall but I also wanna hear gyal tunes as well. I don't equate gyal tunes with slackness. This tune to me is not slack:

http://media.imeem.com/m/j4LgUDjWjw/aus=false/

Comment

I have never heard Mavado.

Hope he just sing (or DJ) and don't talk--if he gets to MSG.
                            The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                              I have never heard Mavado.

Hope he just sing (or DJ) and don't talk--if he gets to MSG.
                              HL you never heard movado ? wha world you living in look big tuen listen

Movado - Top Shotta Nuh Miss
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN_FOIQXQBM

Movado- Last Night
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pYav...eature=related

Comment

Working...
                              X