Commitments to be delivered this year. Jawge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commitments to be delivered this year. Jawge

look fi the part bout Charter of Rights.

Constitutional reform
    We will seek to have discussions with the Opposition with a view to implementing those Constitutional reform proposals on which we have already agreed.
    Human Rights
    1. The Charter of Rights Bill to strengthen and safeguard the rights of every citizen has again been tabled and we will seek the required support of the Opposition to enact it this year.
    2. • We are now ready to table the Bill to establish an Independent Authority to investigate abuses by members of the security forces.
    3. • We are also ready to table the Bill to establish a Special Coroner to conduct speedy inquests when citizens are killed by agents of the State in questionable circumstances.
    Parliamentary reform
    1. We have held true to our promise to appoint Opposition members to chair critical oversight committees.
    2. • We have asked the Standing Orders Committee to consider a range of proposals to strengthen the role of Parliament and, in particular, the role of the Opposition in Parliament and we anxiously await the deliberations and recommendations of that Committee.
    3. • We have provided $23 million in this year’s budget to establish an Office of the Leader of the Opposition because we respect the constitutional role of the Leader of the Opposition and we believe that it should be adequately supported by the State.
    4. • We are committed to subjecting to parliamentary scrutiny the appointment of persons to sensitive posts including ambassadorial and statutory board appointments as soon as the Standing Orders Committee has worked out the procedures for the conduct of such oversight.
    5. • We stand ready to enact legislation to regulate the financing of political parties as soon as we have received the appropriate recommendations from the Electoral Commission.
    6. • We remain committed to having reports of oversight authorities such as the Auditor-General, Contractor-General, Political Ombudsman, Corruption Prevention and Integrity Commissions fully debated in Parliament and we are anxious that the Committee to which these matters were referred proceed with a greater sense of purpose.

(Excerpts of the PM's presentation.)
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

DRIVAH !

Don't stop at all...

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
      DRIVAH !

Don't stop at all...
      Wonder if Mosiah, Don1 and the rest have any view on this? All now dem nuh address Shaw's budget presentation ... might as well we start a thread bout who win more elections.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

At the rate things a go it seems nuff a we have fi go head back home?

Free Education, Free Healthcare, Jobs, Jobs, Jobs. Just get rid a di crime and plant up the Cassava and some Ackee deh
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

O'brian Chang seh Bruce Golding is Manley with Fiscal Prudency..

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
            O'brian Chang seh Bruce Golding is Manley with Fiscal Prudency..
            What? JAwge, KArl and the poppyshow brigade ain't gonna like that.

Comment

golding appointed hugh small as sole arbitrator in the Sandals Whitehouse impasse!hugh small min of ed and sports un also min of finance in successive pnp governments.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

With court jesters as yourself cheering
                on Brucie, he is inclined to think he is doing fine.

Passing a law to have an independent body to investigate police, and giving powers to the leader of opposition is your Idea of a civil rights bill?
                The US has anice civil rights bill and more than once men of colour have been shot more than 20 times. So yuh gwaan.

In S.Africa because of the black majority, whites are given certain amount of seats in congress (a sort of affirmative action).

What I want to see is a comprehensive bill that covers employment, business practices et al.
                Why is it that blacks in Ja cannot be seen making hefty profits in Ja's key industry? (I will answer this in another thread)

Take a read of a real civil rights act:http://www.eeoc.gov/policy/vii.html

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                  With court jesters as yourself cheering
                  on Brucie, he is inclined to think he is doing fine.

Passing a law to have an independent body to investigate police, and giving powers to the leader of opposition is your Idea of a civil rights bill?
                  The US has anice civil rights bill and more than once men of colour have been shot more than 20 times. So yuh gwaan.

In S.Africa because of the black majority, whites are given certain amount of seats in congress (a sort of affirmative action).

What I want to see is a comprehensive bill that covers employment, business practices et al.
                  Why is it that blacks in Ja cannot be seen making hefty profits in Ja's key industry? (I will answer this in another thread)

Take a read of a real civil rights act:http://www.eeoc.gov/policy/vii.html
                  .. Now I see why Portia was PM. Halfwit ... if yuh cannot read and understand ... sey suh.

Comment

What is the "Charter of Rights Bill"?
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

It could be payback time fi Hugh Small, couldn't it?

World small

Comment

I guess it is all relative..

What did Sistah 'P' do ?

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                          What is the "Charter of Rights Bill"?
                          Ansah di man Jawge.
                          Last edited by Lazie; April 23, 2008, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Karl nuh agree wid yuh.

All when dem get FINSACKED him nuh si nutting wrong.

LOL !

Comment

mi know what it is, I just wanted Jawge fi answer

Comment

Working...
                              X