No announcement yet.

Ralston Hyman is at it again. "The ideas put

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

okay. sometimes this forum moves too fast and we might get nasty with each other just because...

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yes, I do, and I am not saying that Omar pioneered this thing! I just need Lazie to exercise his truth cells from time to time!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
        Yes, I do, and I am not saying that Omar pioneered this thing! I just need Lazie to exercise his truth cells from time to time!
        I see you're the forum expert on dandy shandy now? Gwaan cheer on Omar. Hopefully Don1, Karl and JAwge will soon join yuh.

The Tax Administration admitted that there has been a favourable response to the amnesty, but all you bickering bout is if Omar did it?

Ah told you to go and audition with SNL. They looking for a comic.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Dandy shandy, cheerleader, comedy - darn! Decisions, decisions, decisions!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

What does "work" mean??

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
            omar also said why he did not think it would work....which given the success of the back tax axe campaign and the seeming success of the current amnesty, it makes one wonder why it did not work when omar tried it?

c'mon mosiah...even you must remember the "Back Tax....AXE!"
            commercials!
            The problem here is that we may not be on the same page in defining what this term "work" means in the context of the GOJ's program.

1.Does "work" just mean that there will be a significant amount of arrears collected and perhaps greater compliance?

2. Or does it meant that the projected revenue targets will be achieved?

It's clear that you can have 1. happening without 2. happening. So "work" is a fluid concept.... one has to define what it means or the discussion will go in circles.... maybe it will go in circles regardless of definitions... for reasons of partisanship - your program bad, my program good... that's for the intellectually lazie, sorry, lazy (damned printers devil)

Critics of program like Omar, probably feel that the revenue targets are too fanciful and won't be achieved - that's been the general history of such efforts.

Only time will tell if the amnesty will "work".... however one chooses to define that.
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

the definition would depend entirely on the MOF, ....for myself however "work" would mean significant revenue and greater compliance.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Well, Lazie was happy with this, taking time out to post it:

"Business community responding to tax amnesty

Monday, 21 April 2008

There has been a favourable response so far to the six month tax amnesty announced two weeks ago by Finance Minister Audley Shaw.
                Director of Public Relations at the Tax Administration Services Department, Meris Haughton, said the toll free hotline has been inundated with calls about the amnesty.
                Persons have also been visiting tax collectorates making enquiries.
                Miss Haughton said small business owners have shown particular interest."

Of course, there is no guarantee that a single back tax will be forthcoming from these "enquiries" and "calls". But Lazie is a simple man, with a broad back, so dis will hold him.

sigh

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                  Well, Lazie was happy with this, taking time out to post it:

"Business community responding to tax amnesty

Monday, 21 April 2008

There has been a favourable response so far to the six month tax amnesty announced two weeks ago by Finance Minister Audley Shaw.
                  Director of Public Relations at the Tax Administration Services Department, Meris Haughton, said the toll free hotline has been inundated with calls about the amnesty.
                  Persons have also been visiting tax collectorates making enquiries.
                  Miss Haughton said small business owners have shown particular interest."

Of course, there is no guarantee that a single back tax will be forthcoming from these "enquiries" and "calls". But Lazie is a simple man, with a broad back, so dis will hold him.

sigh
                  You're such a clown! How you come to the conclusion about what I'm happy with? I simply posted an article, but seeing that you can't afford to see the CAPE candidate out do your idol you try to demean the article by bringing up failed attempts by yuh idol.
                  "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

sigh

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                    X