No announcement yet.

Finsac's ruined lives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think what Karl is saying is we would be silly to just read and believe any and everything that people write or say. It has to make sense! If not, den wi nuh can say anyting wi want so-suh-suh!?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Thanks for your non-contribution.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
        Damn right.. only a fool would borrow money from a Jamaican Bank to engage in anything other than investment in Govt Bonds...

Black People need to know dem place.. 9-5 and pay dem taxes..

So all those persons that do business with JA banks over the past many years, grew their personal wealth and made good are fools?

When JLPites disease tek yuh...????
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          devaluation, inflation and money crunch flipping the script then I can't help you.
          Those things started once Omar took office?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

So do you accept the fact that government policies also were a part of the problem?
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Damn Right.

How can Omar be possible be held accountable in ANY way with the events leading up to FINSAC ?

Next ting wi gwine try and hold him accountable for the turmoil after the 2002 General Election.

UNNUH LOW DI MAN !

Comment

Imagine if they had borrowed from a bank and paid a reasonable 5-10% as oppose to 20-30% over a 15 year period. You can image how much better off they would have been?
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

my point is made, even if you refuse to see it.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

who said you didn't have a point, however there are differences and that is what I am pointing out.

Comment

A you tell me question can't answer question so how comes you flip the script?

Comment

"Jamaica is not a country friendly to investment"

Ah nuh me seh suh...

Comment

huh?!?!

never mind, sass, never mind.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                            It have nothing to do with it Karl just as subprime loans have nothing to do with our economic collapse that is taking place and the Bush Admin have nothing to do with the gas price we are now paying.
                            ...not just as!
                            You have gone off at a tangent. That is comparing apples to oranges.

You could compare - Your (or an individual's mortgage note - prime or subprime...or whatever) mortgage note moving from financial institution "A" to financial institution "B"...but the orginal note remains in force, save and except your obligations are transfered from financial institution "A" to financial institution "B". That would not affect your ability to service the loan. So if FINSAC engineered the movemnent of your loan - besides now writing out the cheque to "B" you have not a problem.
                            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Those banks were crazy.

Lending money to a Black Man going into Business in Jamaica is like lending a Black Man in American money to buy a house.

Doomed to failure !!!

Comment

I remember years ago you told me that when I was conversing with you.

If you notice I said the PNP, I never blamed Omar and you can't point to that. I have said on this forum that Omar did a decent job in the immediate after effect, in terms of getting things somewhat back to normal but it was what was done since then I have a problem with Omar.

The lack of growth in the economy, the heavy debt burden which left and the corruption he allowed to happen while having the finance post. We could have had much worst finance ministers. ... oops we did Froggy Mulling and PJ Patterson.

I will not support him and the government selling local assets wholesale to Texas either can you? (please this is a question).

Comment

Working...
                                X