Finsac's ruined lives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jus search the net...negril negril holdings

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

What purpose would that serve ?

More Tap Dancing and Twirling practice ?

Comment

I don't doubt it might have something to do with it.

On the other hand, did some of the finsac'd persons just screw up royally all by themselves?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Sass you would be surprised how many major corp
          that doesn't pay much attention to data security and bleed heavily for it (especially in the global market).

Sass not because a company is buying a product from you doesn't mean they cannot see other suitors. Who to tell if the purchaser hadn't seen another bidder who mined our Ja guy and under priced him? Afterall the order was for 1800 (that means you needed them at the time) yet the purchaser took only 532 (do the arithmethic) What if our guy in Ja had met the spec change requirement? would all 1800 be sold? That shows you boss that the purchaser acquired the 1268 some place else (with desired specs and less in cost).

Okay tell me what Omar should have done? Go in and negotiate for this guy's business? Where was Omar when he got the first order for 1800 and took out is 24 mil line of credit? Sass please. come better man

Comment

I said that but when 30% your companies all go belly up, something is terrible wrong. It is more than one or two bankers at fault. If one or two bank go belly up it shouldn't affect the entire economy the way it did.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
              Where do you see any script being flipped on him? Surely you are not speaking of his loan being acquired by sucessive lending institutions? That is normal run of the mill...always possible...activity.

What do you care about who holds the note on your loan...when terms and conditions you approved are constant? In JA parlance - yuh business iff yuh car note or mortgage note or business loan move from "A" financial institution through to "Z"?

The moving of the loan from financial institution "A" to financial institution "B"...was not the problem. His problem was not being able to satisfy his obligations.
              But Karl yuh gone mad?

If is suh we treat our entrepreneurs, we deserve no better than the "sit-hole" we find ourself in now.

Vampirish behaviour! We curse fi true...our own worst enemy.

Comment

Where is the cruelty there, Willi? Let's deal with the above quote from Karl.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Ben there is no shame in saying ; "I just don't understand"

My arguments are clearly centered around the fact that this man made a deal that went bad. Did he try to recoup his losses? Did he try to explore other markets to offset? Did he eeven try to meet some spec changes where he could sell more than half and break even? No like most business mind in JA tax payers should cushion this loss (via soft loan from the govt). The govt. is not a venture capitalist and slavery is long over, hence there is no need to pay for business ventures in the interest of freed slaves.

Both you and Sass seem to want it both ways: You would like to setup IT outsourcing in Ja; take an IT 70K USD job and split for 20k among three workers in JA at the same time close our markets to imports. It doesn't work that way; the global market dictates tha govts open the markets d so that free trade can flow. A firm buys a loan from the Jakan govt. How do you know that it wasn't the IMF that instructed them to sell it off and no be saddled with it. You start a legit bank and purcahse spome loans in the US too.

This FINSAC story reminds me of those who go in business here and to remain viable to took out credit cards (with high variable interest rates).

Ben let me ask you this: When netsacpe was being slaughtered by microsoft (crying on TV, how jobs will be lost) did the US goivt. step in to cushion Netscape? They let the market sort it out.
                  A nimble corp. I admire is apple;when microsoft was still distributing win3. whatever Apple had a superior OS. In 95 windows95 came out looking identical to apple, slowly apple faded in the OS market with windows dominating. What did Apple do? they moved into another niche, reshaped themselves and dropeed Ipod. Ipod in turn helped Apple computing which now uses Unix as its o OS. They didn't die, it took serious creativity for them to saty around with the juggernaut Microsoft but they did.

I once had a professor (who I made friends with; told me he lectured at UWI) who told us (class) that we blacks like to live off one pay check alone hence when pay day we are running after the only check. He said "look at me I'm a professor, a counselor for the govt. and guess what? I'm a plumber too, if needs be I can fix and lay pipes". When my pay arrives sometimes I don't even look at it, many envelopes sit on my desk. Now one day I was supposed to give him a paper and he said meet him at an address. When I went I saw a church and funeral service. I mused: why would he want me to meet him at a funeral? Anyway I went up to the church; guess who came out in a pastor's gown? I was taken aback from that day onwards I took that man's word. Boss fi survive mi haffi diversify an mix it up; ah nuh one suppen mi can do.

Comment

all me can tell you is you want fi learn the role of government.

The US government do that all the time. You know how much farming surplus you paid for over the years? that the US government buy just not to make farmers go out of business.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Jawge, stop being an a$$. This is not about a business failing. This is about eradicating the entrepenuerial spirit of an entire generation.

In the world of entrepenuership failure come with success, you receive a body blow but yuh wheel and come again.. it is hard to come back from a POW Torture camp experience where your captor uses your testicles as a punching bag.

Mi ah beg yuh.. find some other topic dovetail into your latest chapter of IT Economics 101.

Comment

Ben I could use the argument
                        below for Netscape:

"This is about eradicating the entrepenuerial spirit of an entire generation."

No it's not. I'm sure many in Ja still want to go in business as we speak.
                        What I would like is for the GOJ to partner with me to own say Breezes . Only Civil rights bill would help me there LOL.

Ben is there any wrong for me to aspire to own Breezes?

Comment

I have since opened a business in Jamaica, so what's Ben's problem?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Let us hear your FINSAC story.

How much do you currently owe them ?

Comment

Your skin colour LOL

Him not talking bout yuh, whore cares if you fail.He is talking about traditional Jakan business men, those who know how to run a business.

Comment

Post the OLINT contract and I'll give you my details.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X