• Time
  • Show
Clear All

my bad....

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
    BTW - the eye opener here is this comparison from my guesstimates:

Jamaica's Budgeted personnel & logistics cost/household - US$1

NY's budgeted personnel & logistics cost/household - US$120

Maybe it's all those Cuban volunteers helping to account for the wide disparity.
    The Jamaica cost should be $6 not $1.

The $1 is the cost/bulb in personnel and logistics. At 6 bulbs/household (my number- and I stand to be corrected because I didn't receive any) that's a total cost of $6.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

So in the short run what can be achieved? It is still basically a comparison in my view regardless of how you cut it.

Isn't it still a comparison??? I can understand the warning flag you put up but what you have to understand is you are making grounds for many to "run with it".
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        So in the short run what can be achieved? It is still basically a comparison in my view regardless of how you cut it.

Isn't it still a comparison??? I can understand the warning flag you put up but what you have to understand is you are making grounds for many to "run with it".
        Again.... I give up. If you can't understand my posts don't address outcomes - there is no point in me debating you.
        Last edited by Don1; April 20, 2008, 02:54 PM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

But there is nothing to debate on the topic, if we nah compare.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

And when dem bruk, who deals with the enviro hazard of Mercury?

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
              And when dem bruk, who deals with the enviro hazard of Mercury?
              That calls for the Mercury Abatement Program - cost - $300/household.

Comment

heh heh! I gwine get mi TRN and NCC ready!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

when will your light bulb switch on?

But there is nothing to debate on the topic, if we nah compare.
                  I WAS comparing!! Just on BUDGETED expenditure, NOT on project OUTCOMES!

In other words it was merely a speculative, academic exercise.

Additionally - for your information - it's an everyday business to compare different markets or economies.
                  When people say that you can't compare (given discrete statistics) a country like Jamaica with a country like the US - this really means they can't be properly compared DIRECTLY without the use of techniques for adjusting input prices such as the cost of labour, material and services.
                  When these adjustments are done reasonably then there is a reasonable basis for comparison between any two economies.

This is how one gets for example - GDP per capita figures which everybody uses to compare relative development between world economies.

Even this raw number is seen as inadequate - so it's now common to further adjust those numbers for what's called purchasing power parity i.e. given a set basket of goods and services - what would it cost in economy A vs. it's cost in economy B?

After this statistical procedure is performed - one often sees a narrowing in the per capita GDP gap between developed and under-developed economies because in the latter's case their input costs are relatively lower for that basket of goods and services.... so theoretically the same living standard can be achieved in a developing country with less income than it would take in a dveloped economy.

Here endeth the lesson.

I hope and pray!

Comment

thank you.

I get a lesson to say somethings can be compared as I thought but thank you for giving the lessen.

Economies no matter how small or large can learn from each other and yes from there we can talk now. The fact is we are more vulnerable and has smaller economy but the principle remains the same.

Some of the same issues remains the same. Things like the price of gas, good, raising interest rate, trade deficits etc. inflation etc are all common place especially now.

Comment

thank you.

I get a lesson to say somethings can be compared as I thought but thank you for giving the lessen.

Economies no matter how small or large can learn from each other and yes from there we can talk now. The fact is we are more vulnerable and has smaller economy but the principle remains the same.

Some of the same issues remains the same. Things like the price of gas, good, raising interest rate, trade deficits etc. inflation etc are all common place especially now.
                      OK boss.

Comment

Working...
                      X