Just an observation....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just an observation....

I am not (much) into the political debate on this section of the forum.

But it's quite noticable that debates and discussions-- almost always result in personal attacks. (Tracing: as I remember it was called when i was a likkle whipper-snapper growing up in Jamaica....).

Lots of interesting articles are presented on this section forum. Very seldom does the resulting debate end in intellectual gain.

I guess it's the Jamaican way.............................

Just an observation.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Just pretend that this is Schools Challenge Quiz...

Comment

..because there is usually an absence of cold hard facts to back up positions taken.

...another problem - Too often positions taken are subjective and or speculative and there is then continuation representing the 'guesses' as factual base.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

You only take up a position based on cold hard facts ???

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
          ..because there is usually an absence of cold hard facts to back up positions taken.

...another problem - Too often positions taken are subjective and or speculative and there is then continuation representing the 'guesses' as factual base.
          Who said, "the facts may well be true .. but no black dog fi monkey fi me"....
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Tek time...

Comment

Originally posted by Maudib View Post
              You only take up a position based on cold hard facts ???

...too often?
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                Who said, "the facts may well be true .. but no black dog fi monkey fi me"....
                Firstly that was an admission of sorts...

...and secondly, do I fall into the "too often" group?

Comment

Easy Muri.. what yuh call dat.. doosra !

Comment

Yuh ah wait fi umpire decision ?

Walk bredrin.. 3 stump dem uproot.

Comment

Working...
                    X