X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YENDI: Rising Stars' new host (YES!)

YENDI: Rising Stars' new host

Yendi Philipps

Miss Jamaica World 2007, Yendi Philipps, has been announced as the new host of the popular Digicel Rising Stars show.
    When the STAR spoke with Yendi yesterday evening, she was delighted to be the new host saying, "I feel very good, fantastic. I was surprised that I got through but it's something I really wanted. I think it's excellent exposure and an excellent opportunity."
    Although Yendi still has a few months remaining in her reign as Miss Jamaica, she has vowed to make time for the show after having been called in for casting. This will be Yendi's second time on live [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]television[/COLOR][/COLOR] after having done a brief stint on a live show four years ago.
    Yendi was one of nine contenders for the coveted spot after the recent departure of long-time host Denise Hunt. Among the persons who were also looked at as possible hosts were Miss Jamaica 2006 winner, Sara Lawrence, and contestant Sanique Vacianna, [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]TV[/COLOR][/COLOR] personalities Renée Garel (Lady Renée ) and last year's host for the show's 'Chill Room', Kiki. Performers such as actress Sakina Deer, Guyanese singer Tamika Marshall and the sole male potential [COLOR=blue! important][COLOR=blue! important]actor[/COLOR][/COLOR], Stephen McHew, were also screened.
    Digicel's Rising Stars head of corporate affairs, Yvonne Wilks, told the STAR prior to the launch that Yendi was the clear champion at the end of the auditions. "When we reviewed the screening, she was by far the best. She had the most balanced response. It was unanimous she was the best for the programme. Nine people competed for the number-one programme and fair and square she came out on top," Wilks said. Yendi Philipps rose to popularity in recent months when she won the coveted Miss Jamaica World title and placed in the top 15 at the Miss World finals. Known for her youthful exuberance and caring nature, Yendi will bring a fresh outlook to the popular talent competition.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
    Known for her youthful exuberance and caring nature, Yendi will bring a fresh outlook to the popular talent competition.
    Uh-oh! Does that mean the show will start losing money now?!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Dis gyal nuh ready a blertneet.

Comment

Lawks! A suh yuh stay when yuh cyaan get sittn?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          Lawks! A suh yuh stay when yuh cyaan get sittn?
          If i wanted a gyal whe shape like piece a plywood board meeda get one

Comment

Yuh nuh easy at all.

Hey, maybe that's what it takes to be a host of this program. Ms Hunt wasn't exactly curvaceous.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Yeah, yeah PR, everybody loving
              caring and honest, until you know them. Anything them put out in the media them is the opposite.

Honest, caring, Jakans are the regular jakans that you meet travelling the countryside or even working hard in the cities (never to be seen in the media).

If fish come out ah sea an say it deep, it deep trust mi pon dat.

Comment

[quote=Mosiah;94292]YENDI: Rising Stars' new host

Yendi Philipps

Is this the reason why Jawge is MIA!
                Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                - Langston Hughes

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                  Yeah, yeah PR, everybody loving
                  caring and honest, until you know them. Anything them put out in the media them is the opposite.

Honest, caring, Jakans are the regular jakans that you meet travelling the countryside or even working hard in the cities (never to be seen in the media).

If fish come out ah sea an say it deep, it deep trust mi pon dat.
                  Bwoy I know this topic would bring you back pon the forum. How tings, yuh been wind surfing
                  Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                  - Langston Hughes

Comment

Well son of man has not a
                    sail nor board . Yuh know what I shoukdn't have said the above on yendi because to be honest I've had no dealings with her.

In truth; I came across quite a few "public persons" and they were nice and cordial. Still there are some deceitful vipers out there so beware

Comment

Working...
                    X