Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dancehall Diss?

Slow beat? A mussi pure 80's dancehall dis fool have inna him box

Celebrated DJ Mark Ronson upset Hollywood superstar Charlize Theron at a recent party - after he snubbed her requests to play reggae music.

The producer was performing a set in Milan, Italy, and was twice approached by a member of the Charlize’s entourage telling him that she wished to listen to her favorite genre. But Ronson refused the requests, insisting the slow-beat musical style would ruin the party atmosphere he had struggled to create.

The South African beauty was so enraged, she complained to the club’s bosses. Ronson tells Britain’s OK magazine, “I was DJ-ing in Milan and it had taken a while to get everyone on the dancefloor. I finally did and then this guy runs up to me and says, ‘Charlize Theron wants you to play some disco reggae.’ I didn’t even know what that was meant to be so I ignored it. “Then 20 minutes later the same guy says, ‘Charlize wants you to play some dancehall reggae.’ I knew if I played that it would clear the dancefloor. Then Charlize came up to me herself and asked why I wasn’t playing it. “It was all a bit weird, she nearly got the poor guy fired who was running the party!”

I agree with Mark, Reggae does slow down the dance vibe and it would have cleared the floor. If she was being so petty about the music being played, she should’ve just went home and listened to it there.

Not to me!
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Not what a diss? Unnuh old bwoy still a defen unnuh wata pumpee

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
        Not what a diss? Unnuh old bwoy still a defen unnuh wata pumpee
        Well, if he had to work hard to get people on the dancefloor, whyshould he play something that in his mind is going to undo his hard work?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
          Well, if he had to work hard to get people on the dancefloor, whyshould he play something that in his mind is going to undo his hard work?
          The modern dancehall BPM is upwards of 120 which is comparable to the BPM of the music he plays so where the "slow beat" part come in? Better him jus seh him nuh like di music. Same ting when SEAN PAUL buss di DANCE DJ dem mek a big stink dat him a tek whe from dem records sales. F@ck dem.

Comment

Disco Reggae....

Heh, heh.

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
              The modern dancehall BPM is upwards of 120 which is comparable to the BPM of the music he plays so where the "slow beat" part come in? Better him jus seh him nuh like di music. Same ting when SEAN PAUL buss di DANCE DJ dem mek a big stink dat him a tek whe from dem records sales. F@ck dem.
              You're aware that he has done collaborations with Sean Paul? Then again, he may not have the tune suh what? Most DJs not gonna admit dem nuh have a tune

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                You're aware that he has done collaborations with Sean Paul? Then again, he may not have the tune suh what? Most DJs not gonna admit dem nuh have a tune
                What tune? So if he doesn't have any dancehall him gonna mek up stupid excuse that him not playing it cause it have a slow beat when we all know that is not true?

Comment

Dancehall? Slow?!?! Brigadier Jerry, maybe.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I would give her what she wants.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mi listen some a dem and mi a fi wonder if a Soca to rhatid.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yuh sure? Yuh realise she's white don't you?

Comment

Gwey bwoy, she come from South Africa! Winnie Mandela look white to yuh?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

is the mighty sparrow did seh..."woman, woman, move yuh hand"?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

sound like...ahm...sound like you sayin' dat!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                              X