Everyday yuh learn. Growing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyday yuh learn. Growing up

I was never aware that the term '******' was an offensive term. Following the issue with NewsTalk's Raggashanti and apparently he reffered to someone as "******" on his program.

Well .. now mi know.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

good that you know. In lower class Jamaica it is not considered that bad except when people cussing.

Di you ever hear some saying that it takes how man "******" to equal one blackman? This was based on the after slavery experience. As we know in lower class Ja we call people white man, blacker, yellowman, ******, Mr.Chin, babo etc most just accpet it but when you inna society class it is not acceptable.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
      good that you know. In lower class Jamaica it is not considered that bad except when people cussing.

Di you ever hear some saying that it takes how man "******" to equal one blackman? This was based on the after slavery experience. As we know in lower class Ja we call people white man, blacker, yellowman, ******, Mr.Chin, babo etc most just accpet it but when you inna society class it is not acceptable.
      Suh wait .... who yuh a call low class?

"Di you ever hear some saying that it takes how man "******" to equal one blackman?" No, I've never heard it.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

"what" a we you live?

A fighting words them deh.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          "what" a we you live?

A fighting words them deh.
          Yes,

The offensive term is "two fi One".
          Time we do beta dan dat now.

Comment

Working...
          X