• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm surprised to learn that I've been appointed to two board

I'm surprised to learn that I've been appointed to two boards, Mr Wignall

Sunday, March 23, 2008

Dear Editor,
    My attention has been drawn to an article in your edition of March 16, entitled 'Judge Golding by the facts, not by PNP gossip' written by your columnist, Mark Wignall.

In this article, Mr Wignall seeks to identify several persons who have "PNP connections" who have been named to Government boards. In this category, he names me as being appointed to the National Council on Education and to the Early Childhood Commission.

I was most surprised at this claim, as I have not been asked to serve on either of the two boards which Mr Wignall has listed. It would be interesting if he would explain the basis of his erroneous assertion, confidently posited as a "fact".

Regardless of Mr Wignall's explanation of his error, I now feel obliged to make a personal statement on this matter. My extended period of contribution to the education sector, in general, and early childhood education, in particular, is well established. As such, I am willing to serve in any capacity, as long as I have the time and I believe that I can make a contribution. However, I am uncomfortable about a situation where my alleged appointment to two boards is being drawn into a game of political football.
    Rose Davies
    rosyvonne2@gmail.com
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."
Working...
X