This High end Tourism business I don

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This High end Tourism business I don

Portland to be marketed as high-end tourism mecca Friday, 28 March 2008 Tourism Minister Bartlett said the parish of Portland is to be marketed as a high-end upscale mecca.

It will feature culture, art, music and leisure facilities.

The Minister pointed that had been in danger of losing the upscale market by concentrating on numbers rather than facilities for high-end seeking an uncrowded quality product.

Mr. Bartlett was addressing the launch of G-Jam Studio in San San which is now marketing its eco-toursim upscale product under the banner of Chris Blackwell's exclusive Island Outpost chain of properties.

Speaking at the function, co-owner Steve Leiba said G-Jam would be attracting what he called international "globalistas".

The state of the art located on the property is already attracting artistes from around the world and a recent guest there was actress Sharon Stone.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

This high end tourism I am not a believer. How many Sharon Stone do they have to visit?

I worked at 5 star hotel rated as one of the world's best and most of the people who visited where Regular folk in the US and European middle class. We got a few celebrity usually under different names and they spend most of their time on property and was cheap execpt for Armond
    Assante. I can understand having a high end property or properites but the hole town as high end????????
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

True, we get mostly middle-class tourists. High end tourists traditionally do not go to Jamaica, but I am willing to give the investors a chance. After all, is fi dem money, with gov't incentives & support.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

I have no problem with the investors selling their product, what I have a problem with is that it has been government policy for a long time and it is simple not working.

Many of us on the forum has been to Portland and enjoy ourselves, you think we can afford high end tourism? From Errol Flynn days to now we have a few stars coming but that is not a drop in the bucket. Open up and plan for all form, high end and low end. Portland a one a di biggest Parish and it can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          Portland to be marketed as high-end tourism mecca Friday, 28 March 2008 Tourism Minister Bartlett said the parish of Portland is to be marketed as a high-end upscale mecca.

It will feature culture, art, music and leisure facilities.

The Minister pointed that had been in danger of losing the upscale market by concentrating on numbers rather than facilities for high-end seeking an uncrowded quality product.

Mr. Bartlett was addressing the launch of G-Jam Studio in San San which is now marketing its eco-toursim upscale product under the banner of Chris Blackwell's exclusive Island Outpost chain of properties.

Speaking at the function, co-owner Steve Leiba said G-Jam would be attracting what he called international "globalistas".

The state of the art located on the property is already attracting artistes from around the world and a recent guest there was actress Sharon Stone.
          good idea!
          ...areas of Hanover far removed from our Westmoreland-Hanover 7 miles beach...

...Bloody Bay area unwards should also look the "high-end way"!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
          X