• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Hillary Clinton has turned me off

Why Hillary Clinton has turned me off
    GEOF BROWN
    Friday, March 28, 2008

Several of my colleague columnists in the Jamaican media continue, like me, to be fascinated by the unfolding twists and turns of the American presidential primary elections. The continuing saga of the contest between Democratic party senators Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton has, of necessity, gained the greater focus, now that the Republican party has put its primary contests to bed. For me, the Democratic contest began as a matter of a tug between two favourites, either of which was acceptable. However, it soon became a matter of not liking Senator Clinton less, but of liking Senator Obama a little more. Still the sentimental pull of the long-standing preference for a Hillary Clinton over any Republican contender for the American presidency made a switch of preference to the phenomenal Barack Obama somewhat difficult.

No longer. As the superiority of Obama became increasingly evident, there was not the slightest doubt left that, given the opportunity, Senator Obama would have my vote as well as active support. The comparison between the two is perhaps best expressed in this analogy. Senator Clinton as the driver of the vehicle of state could be relied on to take it safely to a desirable destination. Senator Obama on the other hand would design a superior vehicle, with features out of the ordinary and create a model which would be the envy and admiration of nations. And like many others, I felt that a combination of the political, visionary, and experiential talents of the two would be very good for America and the rest of the world.

But now Hillary Clinton has completely turned me off. As her character has unfolded during the campaign, I see less and less to be admired about her. I am not at this point referring to the obvious dalliance with the truth in the tale of dodging enemy fire, which now that she is exposed, she disingenuously suggests she "mis-spoke". That is as elegant a description for a clear lie as I have ever heard. More of that later. It is what one can only term bitchiness that first began to turn me off a formerly favoured person. A notable example was Hillary's contrast of Obama on the one hand with herself and their common political foe John McCain on the other.

McCain did not request the political gift Hillary gratuitously handed him, when she declared that she and McCain brought to national security years of experience, while her Democratic colleague Obama brought only a speech.

This somewhat innocuous remark revealed the naked ambition to win at any cost, even if it meant throwing your political family member to the wolves of the enemy camp. For surely that handy phrase she coined will come in useful for the Republican contender during the eventual presidential contest between the two parties, if Obama should become the nominee. And Hillary is not stupid; she well knows that potential effect. Then there is the example of dumping principle for political advantage in the matter of the seating of the disallowed delegates from Florida and Michigan because those two states violated the rules of their own national Democratic organisation.

Now both candidates Clinton and Obama agreed to those rules. Yet Clinton had her name on the "illegal" ballot of one of the two states while Obama's name was on neither. But when Obama won a raft of smaller states, Hillary, who knew by opinion polls that she enjoyed a likely majority in the big states of Florida and Michigan, suddenly began to insist that the "illegal" delegate votes, cast in violation of the rules, be honoured. She thereby wanted the rules to which she and Obama had both subscribed to be rescinded. Principle be damned. Worse, although Obama declared he would abide by the decision of the national organisation in the matter, Hillary cleverly twisted the facts to accuse Obama of wanting to disenfranchise the delegate votes of the two states. She declared in the most sanctimonious voice that she could not see why Senator Obama wished to disenfranchise democrats in Florida and Michigan. As if he took any such position. Shoddy theatrics!

A rather incredible example of the face of innocence masking a blow below the belt, is the way in which Hillary has joined the fray against Obama in the controversy over racial remarks of Obama's former pastor, Rev Jeremiah Wright. Obama has fully repudiated the racial remarks by the pastor, with their intimations of anti-patriotism. Quite rightly and in a principled manner, Obama refuses to dump the pastor himself who has been a family friend and inspirer of his Christian faith, despite calls by political opponents so to do.

And what is Hillary's contribution? "He wouldn't be my pastor", she declared sanctimoniously, thus helping to fry Obama. Shame. But now one of her own self-made chickens has come home to roost.

Anxious to prove her superior experience to that of Obama in matters of foreign policy and security, she is now exposed as giving an invented tale of landing in a war zone in Bosnia under sniper fire. The tale was related by her in vivid detail to show her bravery and to help put her on a similar plane to John McCain who was a war prisoner in Viet Nam. Obama's gift of speech would obviously be no match for that, she must have thought. But CBS which had covered the Bosnia event, dug up a tape to show that Hillary's tale was pure invention. Worse, the commander of the flight in question now declares that Hillary's tall tale bore not the slightest resemblance to the truth. Such is the "mis-spoke" which Hillary claims. I myself heard her vivid presentation, which is also now being claimed to be a result of "sleep deprivation". Really, Hillary!

But someone needs to tell Senator Hillary Clinton how great speeches have changed the tide for nations and peoples.
    Take Martin Luther King's "I have a dream...", Winston Churchill's "We will fight them on the beaches...", John F Kennedy's "Ask not what your country can do for you.". They were not just words, Senator Clinton. Continue to speak to us and inspire us and the rest of the world as you have been doing so well, Barack Obama.

browngeof@hotmail.com or geofbrown07@gmail.com
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Interesting as you view this take from someone back a yaard - Interesting take from soemone back a yaard!

Have to agree that the Hillary (my candidate) lumping self with John McCain and giving him props over Barack Obama jarred the nerves. ...but the lying by Hillary has been, in my opinion, far surpassed by the lies told by Obama.

Obama has been lying from the beginning of his campaign and has not let up for even phase of his campaign. He lies on Hillary! He lies on himself! He lies on facts on his positions! He steals positions laid out by Hillaryand thus lies.

...and do not forget he tried to run Hillary out of town with a statement...repeated ad nasuum that lay the ground for division of the party if Hillary wins - "One think is clear, I will get Hillary's people if I win the nomination...but it is not clear she can get my votes"!

Source MSN - Similar quote/reference:

OBAMA UNSURE HILLARY CAN GET HIS VOTERS

Posted: Friday, February 01, 2008 12:45 PM by Domenico Montanaro
    Filed Under: 2008, Clinton, Obama

From NBC's Lauren Appelbaum
    The lovey-doveyness of last night's debate may have come to an end. This morning, Obama said Clinton supporters would vote for him but the reverse would not be true. He took credit for helping to expand the playing field for Democrats by "attracting new voters and independent voters into the process in a way that Senator Clinton cannot do."

"I don't take all the credit for the enormous upsurge in participation in the Democratic primaries and caucuses over the last four contests," Obama said while taking questions from reporters in Los Angeles. "But I think it's fair to say nobody has done more to engage and bring people in who otherwise would not participate."

Obama and McCain both attract a large number of Independents, while Clinton is stronger among Democrats than Independents. Using Nevada as an example, Obama said while Clinton did well in Clark County where traditional Democrats reside, he did well in Elko, a place without traditional Democratic votes.

"I am confident I will get her votes if I'm the nominee," Obama stressed. "It's not clear she would get the votes I got if she were the nominee."

Obama also repeated his assertion he would be best to counter McCain on Iraq. "There's going to be a contest with John McCain, potentially, somebody who's been very clear and firm about his position on the war," he said. "If we go in there suggesting that it just was not managed well by George Bush, then Senator McCain will be able to come back and argue, that in fact we've reduced violence in the surge, we're now getting it right in his framework. I totally dispute that. I think it's easier for me to dispute given my long standing belief that it was a strategic error on the part of the Bush administration."

© 2008 msnbc.com
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

So where are these lies Obama has supposedly told?

Comment

Hilary too damn lie.

Now she is working to ensure Obama loses, so she has a chance in 4 years.

Nasty.

Comment

Tell Hillary to hug up this email I just got. LoL

Its like the Kennedy assasination all over. Witnesses dropping like flies.
          Clintons and Bushes are no good for the US.

Very interesting and most accurate!!!!!

Just a quick refresher course lest we forget what has happened to many 'friends' of the Clintons.
          1. James McDougal - Clinton's convicted Whitewater partner died of an apparent heart attack, while in solitary confinement. He was a key witness in Ken Starr's investigation.
          2. Mary Mahoney - A former White House intern was murdered July 1997 at a Starbucks Coffee Shop in Georgetown. The murder happened just after she was to go public with her story of sexual harassment in the White House.
          3. Vince Foster - Former White House counselor and colleague of Hillary Clinton at Little Rock's Rose Law firm. Died of a gunshot wound to the head, ruled a suicide.
          4. Ron Brown - Secretary of Commerce and former DNC Chairman. Reported to
          have died by impact in a plane crash. A pathologist close to the investigation reported that there was a hole in the top of Brown's skull resembling a gunshot wound. At the time of his death Brown was being investigated, and spoke publicly of his willingness to cut a deal with prosecutors. The rest of the people on the plane also died. A few days later the air Traffic controller committed suicide.
          5. C. Victor Raiser II- Raiser, a major player in the Clinton fund raising
          organization died in a private plane crash in July 1992
          6. Paul Tulley - Democratic National Committee Political Director found dead in a hotel room in Little Rock, September 1992. Described by Clinton as a 'dear friend and trusted advisor'.
          7. Ed Willey - Clinton fund raiser, found dead November 1993 deep in the woods in VA of a gunshot wound to the head. Ruled a suicide. Ed Willey died on the same day his wife Kathleen Willey claimed Bill Clinton groped her in the oval office in the White House. Ed Willey was involved in several Clinton fund raising events.
          8. Jerry Parks -Head of Clinton's gubernatorial security team in LittleRock. Gunned down in his car at a deserted intersection outside LittleRock. Park's son said his father was building a dossier on Clinton. He allegedly threatened to reveal this information. After he died the files were mysteriously removed from his house.
          9. James Bunch - Died from a gunshot suicide. It was reported that he had a 'Black Book' of people which contained names of influential people who visited prostitutes in Texas and Arkansas.
          10. James Wilson - Was found dead in May 1993 from an apparent hanging suicide. He was reported to have ties to Whitewater.
          11. Kathy Ferguson - Ex-wife of Arkansas Trooper Danny Fergus was found dead in May 1994, in her living room with a gunshot to her head. It was ruled a suicide even though there were several packed suitcases, as if she was going somewhere. Danny Ferguson was a co-defendant along with Bill Clinton in the Paula Jones lawsuit. Kathy Ferguson was a possible corroborating witness for Paula Jones.
          12. Bill Shelton - Arkansas State Trooper and fiancé of Kathy Ferguson. Critical of the suicide ruling of his fiancé he was found dead in June, 1994 of a gunshot wound also ruled a suicide at the grave site of his fiancé.
          13. Gandy Baugh - Attorney for Clinton's friend Dan Lassater, died by jumping
          out a window of a tall building January, 1994. His client was a convicted drug distributor.
          14. Florence Martin - Accountant & subcontractor for the CIA, was related to the Barry Seal Mean Airport drug smuggling case. He died of three gunshot wounds.
          15. Suzanne Coleman - Reportedly had an affair with Clinton when he was Arkansas Attorney General. Died of a gunshot wound to the back of the
          head, ruled a suicide. Was pregnant at the time of her death.
          16. Paula Grober - Clinton's speech interpreter for the deaf from 1978 until her death December 9, 1992. She died in a one car accident.
          17. Danny Casolaro - Investigative reporter. Investigating Mean Airport and Arkansas Development Finance Authority. He slit his wrists, apparently, in the middle of his investigation.
          18. Paul Wilcher - Attorney investigating corruption at Mena Airport with Casolaro and the 1980 'October Surprise' was found dead on a toilet June 22, 1993 in his Washington, DC apartment. Had delivered a report to Janet Reno 3 weeks before his death .
          19. Jon Parnell Walker - Whitewater investigator for Resolution Trust Corp. Jumped to his death from his Arlington, Virginia apartment balcony August 15, 1993. He was investigating the Morgan Guaranty scandal.
          20. Barbara Wise - Commerce Department staffer. Worked closely with Ron Brown and John Huang. Cause of death unknown. Died November 29, 1996. Her bruised, nude body was found locked in her office at the Department of Commerce.
          21. Charles Meissner -Assistant Secretary of Commerce who gave John Huang special security clearance, died shortly thereafter in a small plane crash.
          22. Dr. Stanley Heard - Chairman of the National Chiropractic Health Care Advisory Committee died with his attorney Steve Dickson in a small plane crash. Dr. Heard, in addition to serving on Clinton's advisory council personally treated Clinton's mother, stepfather and brother.
          23. Barry Seal -Drug running pilot out of Mena Arkansas, death was no accident.
          24. Johnny Lawhorn Jr. - Mechanic, found a check made out to Bill Clinton in
          the trunk of a car left at his repair shop. He was found dead after his car had hit a utility pole.
          25. Stanley Huggins - Investigated Madison Guaranty. His death was a purported suicide and his report was never released.
          26. Hershell Friday - Attorney and Clinton fundraiser died March 1, 1994 when his plane exploded.
          27. Kevin Ives & Don Henry - Known as 'The boys on the track' case. Reports say the boys may have stumbled upon the Mena Arkansas airport drug operation. A controversial case, the initial report of death said, due to falling asleep on railroad tracks. Later reports claim the 2 boys had been slain before being placed on the tracks. Many linked to the case died before their testimony could come before a Grand Jury.
          THE FOLLOWING PERSONS HAD INFORMATION ON THE IVES/HENRY CASE:
          28. Keith Coney - Died when his motorcycle slammed into the back of a truck, 7/88.

29. Keith McMaskle - Died stabbed 113 times, Nov, 1988
          30. Gregory Collins - Died from a gunshot wound January 1989.
          31. Jeff Rhodes - Was shot, mutilated and found burned in a trash dump in April 1989.

33. James Milan - Found decapitated. However, the Coroner ruled his death was
          due to 'natural causes'.

34. Jordan Kettleson - Was found shot to death in the front seat of his pickup truck in June 1990.

35. Richard Winters - A suspect in the Ives / Henry deaths. He was killed in a set-up robbery July 1989.

THE FOLLOWING CLINTON BODYGUARDS ARE DEAD:

36. Major William S. Barkley Jr.

37. Captain Scott J . Reynolds

38. Sgt. Brian Hanley

39. Sgt. Tim Sabel

40. Maj or General William Robertson

41. Col. William Densberger

42. Col. Robert Kelly

43. Spec. Gary Rhodes

44. Steve Willis

45. Robert Williams

46. Conway LeBleu

47. Todd McKeehan

Quite an impressive list! Pass this on. Let the public become aware of what happens to friends of the Clintons

HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT?

Best of Health

Comment

It is not MOST ACCURATE!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Welcome to the info age; it's bringing most public
              figures' character right in your living room. The eye brow raiser is that it's not locally but globally also.

Comment

she is a liar . When this thing started I admire her. Now I cant stand her. I would vote for Mcain than her

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                  Tell Hillary to hug up this email I just got. LoL

Its like the Kennedy assasination all over. Witnesses dropping like flies.
                  Clintons and Bushes are no good for the US.

Very interesting and most accurate!!!!!

Just a quick refresher course lest we forget what has happened to many 'friends' of the Clintons.
                  1. James McDougal - Clinton's convicted Whitewater partner died of an apparent heart attack, while in solitary confinement. He was a key witness in Ken Starr's investigation.

Whitewater Figure James McDougal Dies In Prison

McDougal appearing on "Larry King Live" in April 1997
                  FORT WORTH, Texas (AllPolitics, March 8) -- James McDougal, President Bill Clinton's former business partner in Arkansas and a cooperating witness in the Whitewater investigation, died Sunday while serving a federal prison term. He was 57.

McDougal died at 12:01 p.m. CT at John Petersmith Hospital, according to the federal Bureau of Prisons.

He arrived at the hospital in full cardiac arrest at 11:38 a.m. CT, a hospital spokeswoman said. He was taken to the hospital by ambulance from the Bureau of Prisons medical facility in Fort Worth.
                  2. Mary Mahoney - A former White House intern was murdered July 1997 at a Starbucks Coffee Shop in Georgetown. The murder happened just after she was to go public with her story of sexual harassment in the White House.

Manager of the Starbucks. Known lesbian. hardly likely she would have had a relationship with Bill Clinton.
                  3. Vince Foster - Former White House counselor and colleague of Hillary Clinton at Little Rock's Rose Law firm. Died of a gunshot wound to the head, ruled a suicide.

Foster's death was concluded to have been a suicide by inquiries/investigations conducted by the United States Park Police, the Department of Justice, the FBI, the United States Congress, Independent CounselRobert B. Fiske, and Independent CounselKenneth Starr

After a three-year investigation, Starr concluded that Foster's death was a suicide. CNN stated on February 28, 1997, "The [Starr] report refutes claims by conservative political organizations that Foster was the victim of a murder plot and coverup," but "despite those findings, right-wing political groups have continued to allege that there was more to the death and that the president and first lady tried to cover it up."

4. Ron Brown - Secretary of Commerce and former DNC Chairman. Reported to
                  have died by impact in a plane crash. A pathologist close to the investigation reported that there was a hole in the top of Brown's skull resembling a gunshot wound. At the time of his death Brown was being investigated, and spoke publicly of his willingness to cut a deal with prosecutors. The rest of the people on the plane also died. A few days later the air Traffic controller committed suicide.

On April 3, 1996, while on an official trade mission, the Air Force CT-43 (a modified Boeing 737) carrying Brown and 34 other people, including New York Times Frankfurt Bureau chief Nathaniel C. Nash, crashed in Croatia. While attempting an instrument approach to Čilipi airport, the airplane crashed into a mountainside killing everyone on board; the final Air Force investigation attributed this to pilot error and a poorly designed landing approach.
                  5. C. Victor Raiser II- Raiser, a major player in the Clinton fund raising
                  organization died in a private plane crash in July 1992

Died as a result of plane crash. Pilot error. Pilot lived. Admitted the cash was his fault.

...and on and on!l

Committee Political Director found dead in a hotel room in Little Rock, September 1992. Described by Clinton as a 'dear friend and trusted advisor'.
                  7. Ed Willey - Clinton fund raiser, found dead November 1993 deep in the woods in VA of a gunshot wound to the head. Ruled a suicide. Ed Willey died on the same day his wife Kathleen Willey claimed Bill Clinton groped her in the oval office in the White House. Ed Willey was involved in several Clinton fund raising events.
                  8. Jerry Parks -Head of Clinton's gubernatorial security team in LittleRock. Gunned down in his car at a deserted intersection outside LittleRock. Park's son said his father was building a dossier on Clinton. He allegedly threatened to reveal this information. After he died the files were mysteriously removed from his house.
                  9. James Bunch - Died from a gunshot suicide. It was reported that he had a 'Black Book' of people which contained names of influential people who visited prostitutes in Texas and Arkansas.
                  10. James Wilson - Was found dead in May 1993 from an apparent hanging suicide. He was reported to have ties to Whitewater.
                  11. Kathy Ferguson - Ex-wife of Arkansas Trooper Danny Fergus was found dead in May 1994, in her living room with a gunshot to her head. It was ruled a suicide even though there were several packed suitcases, as if she was going somewhere. Danny Ferguson was a co-defendant along with Bill Clinton in the Paula Jones lawsuit. Kathy Ferguson was a possible corroborating witness for Paula Jones.
                  12. Bill Shelton - Arkansas State Trooper and fiancé of Kathy Ferguson. Critical of the suicide ruling of his fiancé he was found dead in June, 1994 of a gunshot wound also ruled a suicide at the grave site of his fiancé.
                  13. Gandy Baugh - Attorney for Clinton's friend Dan Lassater, died by jumping
                  out a window of a tall building January, 1994. His client was a convicted drug distributor.
                  14. Florence Martin - Accountant & subcontractor for the CIA, was related to the Barry Seal Mean Airport drug smuggling case. He died of three gunshot wounds.
                  15. Suzanne Coleman - Reportedly had an affair with Clinton when he was Arkansas Attorney General. Died of a gunshot wound to the back of the
                  head, ruled a suicide. Was pregnant at the time of her death.
                  16. Paula Grober - Clinton's speech interpreter for the deaf from 1978 until her death December 9, 1992. She died in a one car accident.
                  17. Danny Casolaro - Investigative reporter. Investigating Mean Airport and Arkansas Development Finance Authority. He slit his wrists, apparently, in the middle of his investigation.
                  18. Paul Wilcher - Attorney investigating corruption at Mena Airport with Casolaro and the 1980 'October Surprise' was found dead on a toilet June 22, 1993 in his Washington, DC apartment. Had delivered a report to Janet Reno 3 weeks before his death .
                  19. Jon Parnell Walker - Whitewater investigator for Resolution Trust Corp. Jumped to his death from his Arlington, Virginia apartment balcony August 15, 1993. He was investigating the Morgan Guaranty scandal.
                  20. Barbara Wise - Commerce Department staffer. Worked closely with Ron Brown and John Huang. Cause of death unknown. Died November 29, 1996. Her bruised, nude body was found locked in her office at the Department of Commerce.
                  21. Charles Meissner -Assistant Secretary of Commerce who gave John Huang special security clearance, died shortly thereafter in a small plane crash.
                  22. Dr. Stanley Heard - Chairman of the National Chiropractic Health Care Advisory Committee died with his attorney Steve Dickson in a small plane crash. Dr. Heard, in addition to serving on Clinton's advisory council personally treated Clinton's mother, stepfather and brother.
                  23. Barry Seal -Drug running pilot out of Mena Arkansas, death was no accident.
                  24. Johnny Lawhorn Jr. - Mechanic, found a check made out to Bill Clinton in
                  the trunk of a car left at his repair shop. He was found dead after his car had hit a utility pole.
                  25. Stanley Huggins - Investigated Madison Guaranty. His death was a purported suicide and his report was never released.
                  26. Hershell Friday - Attorney and Clinton fundraiser died March 1, 1994 when his plane exploded.
                  27. Kevin Ives & Don Henry - Known as 'The boys on the track' case. Reports say the boys may have stumbled upon the Mena Arkansas airport drug operation. A controversial case, the initial report of death said, due to falling asleep on railroad tracks. Later reports claim the 2 boys had been slain before being placed on the tracks. Many linked to the case died before their testimony could come before a Grand Jury.
                  THE FOLLOWING PERSONS HAD INFORMATION ON THE IVES/HENRY CASE:
                  28. Keith Coney - Died when his motorcycle slammed into the back of a truck, 7/88.
                  29. Keith McMaskle - Died stabbed 113 times, Nov, 1988
                  30. Gregory Collins - Died from a gunshot wound January 1989.
                  31. Jeff Rhodes - Was shot, mutilated and found burned in a trash dump in April 1989.
                  33. James Milan - Found decapitated. However, the Coroner ruled his death was
                  due to 'natural causes'.
                  34. Jordan Kettleson - Was found shot to death in the front seat of his pickup truck in June 1990.
                  35. Richard Winters - A suspect in the Ives / Henry deaths. He was killed in a set-up robbery July 1989.
                  THE FOLLOWING CLINTON BODYGUARDS ARE DEAD:
                  36. Major William S. Barkley Jr.
                  37. Captain Scott J . Reynolds
                  38. Sgt. Brian Hanley
                  39. Sgt. Tim Sabel
                  40. Maj or General William Robertson
                  41. Col. William Densberger
                  42. Col. Robert Kelly
                  43. Spec. Gary Rhodes
                  44. Steve Willis
                  45. Robert Williams
                  46. Conway LeBleu
                  47. Todd McKeehan
                  Quite an impressive list! Pass this on. Let the public become aware of what happens to friends of the Clintons
                  HILLARY FOR PRESIDENT?
                  Best of Health

I am sure many more persons known by, connected with and or knew someone who knew someone... who had some connection with the Clintons have died.

What? - the Clintons erased them?

---------

What of the persons you knew who have died? ...and or those who worked along with you... and or knew others who had some connection with you who had died?

You rubbed them out?

Do not even come with the "why" would you? Sure you are not as well know as the Clintons? ...but no one who you know has died who knew someone whom it may have been reputed may have been engaged in...? ...and if they were why could it not be said...as it is being said of the Clintons...that something fishy of which you were a part went on?

Sounds crazy, eh?
                  Crazy, eh?
                  ...but not crazy when attributed to the Clintons?
                  No?

Aaaah bwoy?!

Comment

So where are these lies Obama has supposedly told?
                    These are not mine!
                    ...some of the lies he has told I have reported on this site already! I take mine from a review of the DEBATES. I look at what he said in earlier debates and then I look at what he claims in later debates.

----------

This is a Press Release from Hillary Clinton's organisation -

3/27/2008
                    The Obama Record: Just Words

To: Interested Parties
                    Date: March 26, 2008
                    RE: The Obama Record: Just Words

Yesterday, a Pennsylvania editorial board asked Sen. Clinton how she would have "responded if [her] pastor had said some of the things that Rev. Wright said?" In response, she said Rev. Wright would not have been her pastor, an honest view shared by many Americans.

The Obama campaign's response? Attack Sen. Clinton and accuse her of trying to divert attention from the Bosnia trip story and her record of foreign policy experience.

Sen. Clinton's response was sincere. The Obama attack was disingenuous.
                    We are happy to discuss Sen. Clinton's foreign policy experience and her record overall. Unfortunately, the Obama campaign doesn't want to discuss its candidate's record and prefers personal attacks instead.

Sen. Obama knows that if he focused on his experience, he'd get questions about the shortcomings in his record and the efforts he has made to embellish it.

He'd have to deal with the fallout from this week's Washington Post report on his gross exaggeration of his role on immigration reform and housing policy.

Sen. Obama would have to explain why the New York Times reported that he claims credit for passing nuclear leak legislation that never got out of committee.

He'd have to confront reports from FactCheck.org and other independent organizations that say his claims of providing a universal health care plan are based on selective, embellished and out-of-context quotes from newspapers.

He'd have to discuss the LA Times story that reported on how his fellow organizers say he took too much credit for his community organizing efforts.

He'd have to explain why he regularly claims he was a law professor when in fact he held no such title.

Sen. Obama seems to think disingenuous attacks on Sen. Clinton will address the concerns voters have about his record and readiness to be the Commander-in-Chief and the steward of our economy. They won't.

In the end, Sen. Obama's words cannot erase Hillary's 35-year record of action because when all is said and done, words aren't action. They are just words.

Comment

So many bodyguards though? Oh well, must be the nature of the job they do.

pr
                      Peter R

Comment

Originally posted by Peter R View Post
                        So many bodyguards though? Oh well, must be the nature of the job they do.

pr
                        Questions:
                        How many bodyguards were there over the years the Clintons were in the Whitehouse?

How did these bodyguards die?

----------

...and what about a comparision of deaths of bodyguards attached to other presidents?

Comment

I still dont see any lies!

Comment

I cant swear for all those charges, but I know the Mena one cant be shrugged off!

That is a Bush/Clinton misadventure.

Comment

I still dont see any lies!
                              Did you see any lies in those examples I posted long before this thread?

Comment

Working...
                              X