Islandman, yo might find this interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Islandman, yo might find this interesting

damn, video editing is a hell of a thing.....look how Pastor Wright comments were taking out of context.....check the 3 min mark..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOdln...-_n_92793.html
    Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
    Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

even the fox news anchors a lick out gainst di Obama bashing....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0...o_n_92743.html
    Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
    Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

you said something recently about the conservatives willing to tolerate Hillary thna McCain, guess your onto something... Rudolph Murdoch has bankrolled her campaign

Comment

Originally posted by Yuttie View Post
        damn, video editing is a hell of a thing.....look how Pastor Wright comments were taking out of context.....check the 3 min mark..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOdln...-_n_92793.html
        If you look at the clothing your video is not the one used. Rev Wright obviously preached more than one sermon on the topic. He may very well have preached many sermons on the topic?

I thing the below video is balanced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_l47D...eature=related
        "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

your disappointing....DAMN...stop pretending to be daf

Comment

Originally posted by Yuttie View Post
            your disappointing....DAMN...stop pretending to be daf
            Perhaps you are remembering what I said months ago - Obama is a liar! - and it warps your thinking?!
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

Heh, heh.

Comment

I don't understand why people say his comments were out of context. The basic message of that part of the sermon is that the US brought 9-11 on themselves by thier foreign policy.

The longer video doesn't really change that, it just shows that he found a white ambassasor that holds that view too, which I suppose is his way of saying that it is a legitimate view.

A lot of people still seem to miss the main problem Obama has as a result of the Rev Wright video clips. The main problem is that Obama has been using a theme of unity and moving forward together to a new America regardless of racial , political background and viewpoints, and has now been "found out" by having a spiritual advisor whose views are anything but that.

This is not his mechanic, his barber or his doctor. It is not even his occasional pastor at the local church that he was raised in. It is his mentor and spiritual advisor who also served on one of his presidential committees.

Basically what has happened is that white people think Obama had bamboozled them into thinking he was not a regular politician but some Tiger Woods-type new breed who is for all of us and from all of us. Rev. Wright has shattered that image, permanently I think.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

While many in America don't like this view it is out there and maybe at least 5% right. Mainstream America don't want to even think about it however.

Rev Right is not just Obama pastor as you said he was on his political team. Now watch and see how McCain, Clinton them use it against him to say this was part of the reason for him not to support the Iraq war in the first place. As I said the spinner out deh a wait wid them Googley. It is going to be a tough and devisive political season.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

no, polls taken after his speech as his numbers breaking even again....

I know you understand the context clearer now and ur basically expressing what white america is viewing it as...that said...Rev Wright was preaching about revenge and it ultimately leads to, he just quotes the chicken like as reference to the ambassador....check it again..

I find it funny that Bill Richardson is no longer Bill Richardson but now Latino Governor Bill Richardson...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

How has reverend Wright shattered that image ?

The reverend is a servant of GOD, not Governments. He can say God Damn America within the context of all "Great Empires" that have run afoul of GOD and as a result have FALLEN.

Obama is running for President and has determined that Wright has certain insight into serious problems that America has.. Obama's philosophy and approach chooses can only be reflected in his words and actions.

Would one equate Donald Rumsfeld to Colin Powell because they are on the same advisory team ?

Obama's 'image' can only be shattered by this if it was fragile in the first place and I submit that such a fragile image would come crumbling down sooner rather than later.

Time to separate the men from the boys.

Comment

the god damn America statement was taking out of context....he said god damn america if she continues to act like god...

Comment

A Visit to Obama's Chicago Church

Saturday, Mar. 22, 2008 By LORI REESE/CHICAGO

Barack Obama and Rev. Jeremiah Wright
                          (l. to r.): William Thomas Cain /Getty; Chicago Tribune / MCT / Landov

Article ToolsPrint
                          Email
                          Reprints
                          Sphere
                          addthis_url = location.href; addthis_title = document.title; addthis_pub = 'timecom'; AddThis
                          RSS
                          time:http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...724976,00.htmlYahoo! Buzz
                          var ad = adFactory.getAd(88, 31);ad.setPosition(8)ad.write();

The Trinity United Church of Christ vibrated with cheers throughout the four-hour Good Friday service. When the last of seven guest preachers, Rev. Rudolph McKissick, Jr. unleashed his anger against the recent media storm that catapulted Trinity to global notoriety, the crowd rose to their feet. McKissick thundered: "Fox News, CNN, ABC ... they're so stupid that they don't even know the word damn is not a profanity but a Hebraic proclivity, meaning God's curse will fall on all those who defy his love. They know not with whom they are messing. Jeremiah Wright might have retired in body, but just like Jesus, he's coming back more powerful than ever! Damn you! Damn anyone who messes with the anointed." At that, a TUCC member leaned over and said to TIME with a sigh, "Well, I guess that one's on the record."

Related Articles

The Origin of Obama’s Pastor Problem

Long before the sermons of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright became instant hits on YouTube and talk-show fod...

Christians Wrong About Heaven, Says Bishop

N.T. "Tom" Wright is one of the most formidable figures in the world of Christian thought. As Bishop...

A Plea from the Church

Protest from the pulpit is as old as apartheid. One of the first clerics to speak out against the sy...

Part Wise Man, Part Wiseguy

I am an American, Chicago born," opens Saul Bellow’s early masterpiece, The Adventures of Augie Marc...

tiiQuigoWriteAd(755777, 1290692, 180, 200, -1);

Pastors and congregation members alike had reason to think that. Media outlets had brought cameras, flashbulbs and crass questions to Trinity's doors for days and shocked the congregation with commentary that branded Rev. Wright Jr. a leader of a "black supremacist cult." The day's overwhelming message: This church will continue its ministry work — no matter who's watching or what they say. And it brought shouts and tears from the pews.
                          Barack Obama's recent perils were featured in sermons, too. Rev. Lester A. McCorn compared the candidate's recent trials to Michael Jordans performance in the 1997 NBA finals, when the basketball superstar seemed debilitated by fever but nevertheless joined the game and, though sluggish, took the ball with 24-seconds left on the clock and scored the winning three-point shot. "Swish, Barack! You are back in the game!" McCorn shouted to great applause.

The sermons focused primarily on healing wounds inflicted during the past few weeks. "It doesn't matter how anyone portrays you, Trinity," Rev. McKissick continued. "You know who you are. No one can take away your power to write your own destiny." Preachers called out numerous institutions — not just TV networks. African American rappers that glamorize violence and sexist barbs in the name of "keeping it real" were the subject of vitriolic tirades, too. "Why they're no better than prosperity-pimping preachers!" shouted Father Michael Pfleger, a popular white Catholic priest, whose messages have raised eyebrows among his own Church's leaders. The bulk of Trinity-goers are among the thousands living on Chicago's South Side, a sprawl of cracked sidewalks and boarded buildings that inspires fear among the city's middle classes, and even its wizened cabbies. "You won't find a ride back," the taxi driver told this reporter upon arriving at the church. For South Side residents, the best jobs are two hours away via public transport: a bus, an el transfer, and then another bus brings you to Hyde Park, the area's lone upscale community. The few city-planning efforts to assist South Siders only worsened the situation. The most notorious were the Robert Taylor Homes, prison-like warrens with barred windows, circling police and neglected facilities that often left residents without electricity, heat and plumbing housed thousands until they finally came down in February 2007. The majority of those who died during the 1994 heat wave that killed more than 700 people were South Side residents. Before Katrina, it was the deadliest natural catastrophe in the U.S. since the 19th century. The morgues ran out of room. Bodies were piled in milk-trucks.
                          With outreach programs and ministries, Trinity succeeds in providing more for the South Side than any other church, government or private institution. Rev. Luke Watson, another Good Friday speaker, credited Wright for guiding him away from life of crime, which started early with an absent father and a mother addicted to crack. "I was like that thug, the criminal next to Jesus," Rev. Watson said. "I thought what's that guy doing here? He ain't done nothing. I'm the real sinner." Wright had taught him that God loves sinners, too. "I learned that I wasn't born bad," and then he spoke on the passage in Mark, when Jesus turns to the thief next to him on the cross and says, "Verily ... though shalt be with me." Good Friday marks the holiest day of the year for many African American Christians, according to Dwight Hopkins, a theologian at University of Chicago's Divinity School. The "strange fruit" that swung from Southern trees bears striking resemblance to Roman crucifixion.
                          Trinity's own Roman-like architecture is unfamiliar for a church, which might explain why some outsiders found it cultish and strange. The congregation meets in a theater-in-the round, designed after secular buildings like the Parthenon and the U.S. Congress. Stained-glass windows flanking the entrance feature images of African American leaders, not saints: W.E.B. Du Bois, Malcolm X and Martin Luther King Jr. There is also a glass sculpture of a man resembling Obama. Above it, light streams through block-lettered words: "VOTE. We need YOU." For now at least, Trinity may offer the only refuge for South Siders longing to experience the blessing of democracy.
                          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

a nice way of saying radical?

Father Michael Pfleger, a popular white Catholic priest, whose messages have raised eyebrows among his own Church's leaders

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49Uw1HzStiw

Comment

them a try liken the church to a cult. Did they visit McCain and Clinton's church too?

Comment

Working...
                              X