• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corruption the reason for party switch

Corruption the reason for party switch
    published: Saturday | March 22, 2008

The Editor, Sir:
    I am a supporter of the Bruce Golding-led government. I have not always been supportive of the [COLOR=orange! important][COLOR=orange! important]Jamaica[/COLOR][/COLOR] Labour Party. I supported the People's National Party (PNP) up to about five years ago, at which point I could no longer deny the trail of destruction, corruption, incompetence and wanton neglect by a government that had impressed me earlier with its intellect and organisation.
    Today, I hope that anyone who reads this publication will be objective enough to understand that one ought never to allow oneself to be so loyal to any politician or political movement to the point that he or she ignores all the ills and continues to defend, so much so that the politician or party feels [COLOR=orange! important][COLOR=orange! important]secure[/COLOR][/COLOR] because of one's uncompromising lifelong allegiance; almost like a wedding vow, "until death do us part".
    Costing the country
    The present PNP has allowed corruption to run wild in this country and I speak with authority because I have been a beneficiary of corrupt dealings from the [COLOR=orange! important][COLOR=orange! important]tax [COLOR=orange! important]office[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] in particular (much now to my regret).
    The consequences of these deals are here to haunt this poor nation and the present regime was spot on when it said that corruption is costing this country an arm and a leg.
    Even now, corruption is so institutionalised and interwoven into society that getting rid of it may now seem to the average Jamaican as 'bad governance'. Today, even with the escalating food prices, I feel a glimmer of hope because the guard has changed.
    I really don't anticipate record-fast changes, but I detect a will to start the process of getting Jamaicans to understand that we can't 'hustle' ourselves to prosperity, we will damn well have to work hard and honestly.
    Bruce Golding will have the greatest challenge yet to change the thinking of the common man, but he will have my support as long as he stays on course.
    I am, etc,
    ALWYN MARK MORGAN
    almark_6@yahoo .com
    Cobbla District,
    Mandeville PO, Manchester
    Via Go-Jamaica
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Could someone explain the reason or logic of the: I am, etc, salutation in Letter to the Editor?

It just sounds very old and silly to me.

Thanks in advance (jawge 3:16)
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Karl should read this post 6 times per day
      Karl commenting on Maschaeroni's sending off, "Getting sent off like that is anti-TEAM!
      Terrible decision by the player!":busshead::Laugh&roll::Laugh&roll::eek::La ugh&roll:

Comment

Your Holiness, HL,

I agree. I would like to think that most persons writing to the Gleaner do not actually end their letters like that.

By the way, that is not the salutation, but the valediction.

I beg to remain, Sir, your most humble and obedient servant,
        Mosiah

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          I speak with authority because I have been a beneficiary of corrupt dealings from the tax office in particular (much now to my regret).
          Wait till RPD read this letter yuh nuh start regret nuttin yet Alwyn

Comment

Originally posted by Yuttie View Post
            Karl should read this post 6 times per day
            I think you are forgetting who has the phrase "Corruption Abounds" and reminds "one degree of separation"!

Listen carefully Yuttie: Neither party has the lock on corruption (...mmmm? Could have been said - "...both parties have a lock on corruption"). They both have a multitude of corrupt persons as supporters.
            "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

might be true but it seems just like how VP is miles ahead in reggae music, the PNP is running furlongs ahead of the JLP in corruption fi the immediate past and present.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
              X