Another Restaurant...another Grocery Store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Restaurant...another Grocery Store

The influx of migrants from up north--to the south is an every day occurence. Jamaicans too are taking advantage of the overall migration to the south to seek better livity.

It seems though, that those who decide not to seek employment-- open a Jamaican restaurant or a caribbean type grocery... (wid the Jamaican flag in the window).

A Golden Krust was opened here in Snellville GA few month ago....

My concern is with the average Jamaican migrant who seems bent on "making it" with the two above named business.

I know two plazas, each having a restaurant and grocery. Lots of similar businesses are scattered all around in close proximity.

This evening while driving home from work, I saw a sign on an empty unit in a small plaza..."Caribbean Groceries Coming Soon"...

My main concern is what is termed 'carrying capacity'. Most of these establishments are ~ < 1 mile apart!!!

I have visited a few of these businesses. The customer service is typical Jamaican style. (Sadly, even at the new Golden Krust).

In my opinion: only those operations who emphasize excellent quality customer service , good fresh products and excellent cuisine) will survive.
    Last edited by HL; March 21, 2008, 09:28 PM.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

HL

Some of them will be closing SHORTLY, as soon as the novely wears off. With the economy the way it is, how many folks can afford to buy restaurant food, especially if you have a familly.
    Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
    - Langston Hughes

Comment

Hmmmmm Chile...I am seeing it a-ready.

I still think that good customer service will be the life-line if a few want to survive.

HL

Comment

give mi a link nuh
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

i'll give you a ding inna de morrows...

HL

Comment

Working...
          X