RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did we debate the pastor's speech in this forum?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did we debate the pastor's speech in this forum?

http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2008/03/2...ts-911-sermon/

Looks like he was not the devil that we have been told that he was. Looks like he also got a bad rap for quoting a white US Goverment employee.
    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

He made many speeches. The clips that have been shown are from at least 3 different sermons. And there are others.

At any rate I don't remember anybody on this forum saying he was the devil, just that he would be SEEN as the devil in mainstream America. I don't think anything in the full sermon is going to change that, especially since the "God Damn America" quote is probably the most damaging of all, and it was in a different sermon.

Remember too the "Chickens come home to roost" term has a very controversial and racially charged history. Malcom X used it when describing the Kennedy assasination and I am sure the Rev was aware of that when he used it.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Time View Post
      http://ac360.blogs.cnn.com/2008/03/2...ts-911-sermon/

Looks like he was not the devil that we have been told that he was. Looks like he also got a bad rap for quoting a white US Goverment employee.
      Good post but that part about him not being the devil we have been told does not wash....unless you think he was quoting the white US government employee to make some type of contrast with his take on "9-11".

If I use quotes to reinforce my views it just means they are along the same path as the original source. If good - Great! If bad - Awful!

What do you think?
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Lots of people have described 911 in a similar manner. They have all been slammed for it, even though they are all right.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
        X