X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the oil will flow; but the problem
    comes about on who oversees it.

Comment

I don't have a big problem with some form of nationalized health care, actually I think it would be a good thing as long as they don't try to replace
      the private health care system with it. It should be insurance of last resort, like the property insurance provided by most states when you can't get it anywhere else.

My point was though that it will be EXPENSIVE, and Obama/Hillary obviously would have to raise taxes to pay for it. McCain don't plan to have any govt health care so thats a big difference in cost right there.

I think I pay more than enough taxes already. This year them giving a tax rebate/refund and me getting the same as somebody who pay half as much as me? Why?

I am for a flat tax. Let us all pay the same rate with no deductions or credits. If you make $1, you pay x% if you make $100, same x%, $1000000 same x%. That seem fair to me.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I too have a problem with the amount of taxes I pay but you can't have it both was by not running the country good and not raising taxes. It is either we cut spending or get it from somewhere. We can't continue on the path we are on. It is going to result in more money been printed inflation, lower dollar value and then all of a sudden higher interest rate to tame the inflation. It nuh happen yet but it is going to happen if the US don't govern itself properly.

I am not for a flat tax but one that is slightly progressive in that as you earn more you pay a little bit more percentage wise but get rid of majority of the loopholes.

I am not for high taxes but if you saw what happen in Orange County and Long Island not so long ago then you can't trust the fact that them running huge deficits and eventually much higher than a marginal increase.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I would go with cutting spending as the first option, then raising taxes second. One thing McCain did that the conservatives hate him for is he voted against the Bush tax cuts because he said there was no cut in spending to go along with it, and he was right on that. The Dems tax more and spend more, and the Republicans under Bush tax less and STILL spend more.

I am OK with a slightly progressive tax rate too. I understand that the more you make the more cushion you have, but it should be in a reasonable range. Plus as a matter of principle I believe EVERYBODY should pay some taxes I don't care if you make $1.
          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Everybody do pay taxes in consumption tax but I guess you may not be talking that.

I really don't think we are that far off although I am liberal when it comes to stuff like education, health and providing a cushion for the less fortunate, but I believe also that the able must do something to get it.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              Whe Scaly deh?
              A wonder if him client still a go vote fi Obama?
              I know the race card would come up cause in the general election about 1% a dat black vote a go to the Republician and them nuh have nothing to lose to heat it up.
              Yes! ...huge YES!

Nuff right winger nuh want McCain because him a go kill them party and they won't see a another elected Republican anywhere except in Hick town so them rather have the Clintons to beat up and criticise.
              I am staunchly anti-McCain...but it is 'gut feeling' why we think he will wreck the Republican party. ...and based on how he operates it is ojnly 'gut feeling'.

Let's take a wee look (I have not dug too deeply) at McCain - The man is opinionated but it is not that of the "he who does not know and thinks he knows" type. Rather it is "I am the leader and do not cross me type". He has never been afraid to get the experts around him to guide him. Although once he makes up his mine it is his way or the highway.

So if he gets the right people around him and with his bulldog 'my way or the highway' characteristic he may put forward great plans and get things done. Remember, he does not care if the good ideas come from a Republican or Democrat or any other animal!

So...who knows what a McCain presidency will bring.

----

I hope Obama can come back but it is going to be tuff.
              Obama - I think if he wins the Whitehouse that is where he will really start getting a fight! I think one of the things he will have to guard against is being "sold a six for a nine" by those who he may think have his back!

My country (the good ole US of A) loves to build up...and then DESTROY!

...still Obama has a point to prove and he would be carrying the hopes of all minorities who at soem future date would be GREAT for this countrry...not to mention he is their representative and if he fails he would put the "seit deh, dem nuh good. dem caan run nutten. ...dem jus good fi physical sin-ting"...

If he becomes president HE MUST SUCCEED!

--------

Clinton - Yuh dun kno I have a bias here...but Clinton has HER PEOPLE and an OLD NETWORK...and she is, trus mi believe har...a WARRIOR!

She will succeed...tuff fi dem who waan stan innah fi har way! buff!

So there you have it;
              McCain - don't know!
              Obama - MUST SUCCEED!
              Clinton - shall succeed!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                Are you sure if its the Republicans or the Clintons who buss it now?

I think I was the first one on the forum to bring attention to Rev. Wright back in Jan and say he would be a problem for Obama, but even I never expected it to be this big or to happen this early. I still suspect the Clintons because it has been on ice for so long and it came so soon after the Ferraro issue.
                Could be the Clintons!
                Remember when Bill Clinton said, "the whole thing is a fairy-tale"...and many Obama-ites jump up and shout "racist"?! Well the context was, "Obama was not being looked at in-depth by the media and his campaign was based on a speech in 2002! ...and Bill's claim that the media was not being fair in how they were going after Hillary and saying only sweetness about Obama.

...I think it was the 2nd debate(?)...or not long after, in a debate that Obama attacked Hillary and Hillary responded by jumping on Obama about "the slum lord". As I saw it...the media was being unfair and the Clinton team wanted Obama to be asked about his pastor and his real estate dealings with "Mr. Slum-lord".

Having said that...it should be noted that from last year every now and again "the conservative talk radio" would bring up both matters.
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
                  I agree that its better now than later from the Dems perspective. I hope him punching Farrakhan in the face in the picture if it exists, because otherwise it is O-V-E-R.

The way Hillary going to drag this thing on and on till June and try tief it at the last minute, it looking bad for the Dems.

Oh well, at least McCain will keep my taxes down, legalize the illegals and pay some attention to global warming. I am with him on those issues.
                  Islandman?
                  Hillary draging this thing on...and planning to WIN? ...Is bad?

Boss the race is to the finish line. What happen to never give up?

Go Hillary, Go!

OBAMA must close the deal or lose! That is the fair and honest...noble way!

Comment

Working...
                  X