Man a reject 22% increase to rhatid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man a reject 22% increase to rhatid

No final agreement on MOU-3 Thursday, 20 March 2008 Vice-President of the Confederation of Trade Unions (JCTU), Danny Roberts says no final offer has been agreed on for the newMemorandum of Understanding.

Mr. Roberts says several offers have been presented to the Monitoring Committee with the government's last offer of 22 per bein g rejected.

Mr. Roberts says the MOU Committee is prepared to press for the next best offer.

On Tuesday, JCTU President, Wayne Jones expressed confidence that MOU-3 should be in place in time for workers to receive improved next month.

Only in Jamaica to rhatid
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Sass, my present salary is the same as it was 2 1/2 years ago. Gas then was JA$35 per litre. It is now $65. What kind of an increase do you think I would be looking for?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mo, you deserve a 4% salary increase.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Mo the overall rate of inflation in Ja is not 22%.

I can understand that prices are up but there is not many countries I know who gives anybody that rate of increase. My cost of living went up but I can't get more than a 3% raise.

plus when you factor in they don't have to pay tutition for their kids and free healthcare they may actually be getting more like a 35% increase or something like that.

As I said I don't think many countries would even consider that high of a raise even if inflation was 20%.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
        X