Faulty design of North Coast Highway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faulty design of North Coast Highway

Transport Minister Mike Henry said his Ministry was reviewing the design specifications for sections of the North Coast Highway.

At Wednesday's post Cabinet press briefing Mr. Henry bemoaned the poor design of some of the road works projects approved by the previous administration.

"We have the Montego Bay (leg of the) North Coast Highway which was designed without stop lights, without over passes for children to go to school. It was designed without any lights at all and I have just received a projection of $126 million to put lights on it. There wasn't even $2 million allowed to connect the hotels between what was the new road and the old road. I want it to be quite clear what I've inherited and what we're seeking to address in planning because we're going to have to have add, I think, it's 26 stop lights along. We've already had five or six accidents at Flankers," said Mr. Henry.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Stop lights?!? Not sure if that is the solution. We might be back to square one if they put in 26 stoplights along this "highway".

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Mike Henry needs to consult with engineers on this. Stop Lights should not be placed on a limited access highway!

A bypass road to connect to the hotels, or an exit ramp provides better traffic flow.
      Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Lazie and Mike want stop lights, so stop lights they will have! They, afterall, don't have to travel on the highway or stop at lights.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
          Lazie and Mike want stop lights, so stop lights they will have! They, afterall, don't have to travel on the highway or stop at lights.
          Wasn't aware I had that much power. If thats the case I wouldn't waste it on stoplights .... I'd use it on the NJ lottery and mega millions.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Originally posted by Hortical View Post
            Mike Henry needs to consult with engineers on this. Stop Lights should not be placed on a limited access highway!

A bypass road to connect to the hotels, or an exit ramp provides better traffic flow.
            Call the PM next wednesday and voice yuh concern nuh.

Comment

Do these ministers consult with ANYBODY before they speak?
              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

How many times per year will you be inconvenienced by the stop lights, Lazie?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Lazie? Do they?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

How many times per year will you be inconvenienced by the stop lights, Lazie?
                    Yuh nuh hear what mi name? Mi sound like mi ever in a rush yet?

Comment

Lazie? Do they?
                      Mi nuh know. When wrong jungle asked the man if it was his time of the month ... who did he consult?

Unuh really think Mike Henry is the type to make such a decision without consultation?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                        Unuh really think Mike Henry is the type to make such a decision without consultation?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Bypass road ... exit ramp? Thinking ... where would those be implemented? The Sunrise Highway in NY have traffic lights. How y'all know that this isn't the best and most affordable solution?

Comment

That's cheerleading for yah!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I know that 26 stoplights along that highway is not a solution, it is a problem.
                              "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                              X