• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New NY Gov Gal's Shocker

PATERSON GAL'S TAPE SHOCKER

OLYMPICS BABE BARES RECORDING & JOB 'HE GOT ME'

By FREDRIC U. DICKER, State Editor
    ("GOLDEN GAL: Track-and-field medalist Diane Dixon told in e-mails of getting a schools job in her native Brooklyn through Gov. Paterson's
    GOLDEN GAL: Track-and-field medalist Diane Dixon told in e-mails of getting a schools job in her native Brooklyn through Gov. Paterson's influence.

Paterson's Candor May Be Misguided

The Post's Fred Dicker analyzes Gov. Paterson's decision to come clean about his extramarital affairs.

March 19, 2008 -- ALBANY - An attractive Olympic gold-medalist says she had a close personal relationship with Gov. Paterson earlier this year - during which time she recorded a series of secret telephone conversations with him.
    Track-and-field athlete Diane Dixon, of Brooklyn, also told The Post that she had received a private message yesterday morning from Paterson, asking if she was speaking with the media.
    MORE COVERAGE
    MORE: David Bares Dirty Harem
    VIDEO: Paterson Discusses Affairs
    PHOTOS: Spitzer's 'Kristen' on Girls Gone Wild
    VIDEO: Spitzer's 'Kristen' on Girls Gone Wild
    Dixon, 43, said Paterson, 53, was "mostly responsible" for getting her a badly needed job earlier this month with the city Department of Education in Crown Heights' District 17.
    The job pays in the range of $48,000 to $65,000 a year, records show.
    "I'm a single mom with a child. I need this job," said Dixon, who grew up on Carroll Street in Crown Heights and won medals in the 4x400-meter relay at the 1984 games in Los Angeles and the 1988 Olympics in Seoul.
    Paterson, a Democrat who was sworn in on Monday, admitted yesterday to having had several extramarital affairs, but contended they all ended years ago. He was informed by The Post in the morning that at least one news organization had been notified he had recently been involved with a woman from Brooklyn.
    Paterson denied the claim.
    But a few hours later, Dixon called The Post to say she had received a message from Paterson inquiring about whether she was talking to the press.

March 19, 2008 -- CONTINUED A spokeswoman for Paterson later said that when he was lieutenant governor, he had given Dixon a medal at a Chamber of Commerce dinner and then met with her three times in his Manhattan office, in part to help her find a job.
    The spokeswoman also insisted Paterson was never romantically involved with Dixon.
    Dixon talked to The Post and sent several e-mails in recent weeks outlining some of her interactions with Paterson.
    Dixon wrote last week to say that she was thrilled to learn that, because of former Gov. Spitzer's prostitution scandal, Paterson was on his way to becoming governor, but she also hinted at some hidden knowledge.
    "Left CONGRATS!!!! on Mr. Paterson's phone. I hope to hear from him later when he gets settled," Dixon wrote in an e-mail.
    She ended the note, "I love the stories regarding his admirability [sic]. He is though, but . . ."
    At one point, Dixon referred to tape recordings she said she possessed of many conversations with Paterson: "I have them & dates as well."
    She then added the computer symbol for a smiley face.
    Dixon, in a second anxious call to The Post yesterday, pleaded to "please just keep me out of this" and said she planned to destroy the tapes.
    "I know one thing. I'm going to destroy them. I don't want no part of this," she continued.
    Asked about her earlier claims of being close to Paterson, Dixon responded, "Don't you go there. Don't go there. He and I were just friends. It's all a joke. Just a joke."
    Dixon expressed admiration for Paterson when he became lieutenant governor on Jan. 1, 2007, writing on her MySpace page, "I went to Riverside Church to see David Patterson [sic] sworn in.
    "He is an amazing man, very humble, honest and real."
    Dixon, who was a phenom on the senior track team at Brooklyn Tech and who, at 16, was the top-ranked female high-school runner in America, was once dominant in the indoor track-and-field world championships. In recent years, she's been active in a variety of school and education programs to encourage young athletes.
    She was one of several gold-medalists who joined Mayor Bloomberg in 2005 in the city's unsuccessful efforts to bring the 2012 Olympics to New York City.
    The city Department of Education didn't have a record of anyone by her name currently on the payroll. It is believed she has yet to start the job.
    Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

From Samson days...

aaahh boy!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Aaaaaaah Sah. Den if she ah
      go destroy the tapes why she talk say she have them? Juss destroy them.

I tell you this info age is making the times truly different. Yuh can't even say hello or respond here with a smile.
      My advice to men: If you find someone ready to settle with you go for it and don't even as much as look at the rest of women out there. Dem deadly bad. Wait for the scientist make the virtual one that you can tap into with your brain other than that stay away. It's sad but most of these females are just out there to destroy. Dem bittah

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
        Aaaaaaah Sah. Den if she ah
        go destroy the tapes why she talk say she have them? Juss destroy them.

I tell you this info age is making the times truly different. Yuh can't even say hello or respond here with a smile.
        My advice to men: If you find someone ready to settle with you go for it and don't even as much as look at the rest of women out there. Dem deadly bad. Wait for the scientist make the virtual one that you can tap into with your brain other than that stay away. It's sad but most of these females are just out there to destroy. Dem bittah
        Jawge - some of them just need them tongue "clipped". I believe the media pays them for their story. And why was she taping stuff in the first place. I tell you. Good thing mi mostly watch the Weather channel, for I'm so disgusted with these stories.
        Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
        - Langston Hughes

Comment

ah tell yuh it's so damn disgusting
          it's not even funny. Imagine the man is not a wanted criminal, nor did govt say he is a notorious spy, yet she is taping him. It's premeditated, she had planned to blackmail him all along.

These are some different times and I hope honest men are taking note.

Comment

If you are a public figure or have aspirations to be a public figure in this era, you have to expect this kind of thing.

You ask why was she taping him? Well the Spitzer whore got offered $1 million by Hustler to pose nude and she holding out for more, and we don't talk bout the book deal yet. Thats more than one milion reasons right there.
            "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

stay deh tink is public figures alone
              it happening to, I could tell you true stories.

Boss I think the govt. should legalise prostitution nationwide.

Comment

Dis gyal is a **************** eediat or what? Di man get yuh a job whe yuh seh yuh need cause yuh have pickney and yuh still a run off yuh mouth? She tink is ongly him one a guh lose him work?

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                  Dis gyal is a **************** eediat or what? Di man get yuh a job whe yuh seh yuh need cause yuh have pickney and yuh still a run off yuh mouth? She tink is ongly him one a guh lose him work?
                  The funny part is that one paper say that they checked and she wasn't in the system. Like how the State out to cut some jobs, they should start with rescinding the offer to har
                  Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                  - Langston Hughes

Comment

If she did not derserve it then fire her!

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                    She chat too much. Does she realize that it may be illegal to tape the man!
                    The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Working...
                    X