X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KArl ... where is your apology?

Peart apologises to CG

Wednesday, 19 March 2008

Opposition Member of Parliament Michael Peart has retracted statements he made regarding the leaking of the Contractor General's report on the Cuban Light Bulb Saga.

At the height of the scandal, Mr. Peart had alleged that the leak came from the Contractor General's office, a claim vehemently denied by Contractor General Greg Christie.

But during Tuesday's sitting of Parliament, Mr. Peart said his own investigations revealed that the document was sent to media houses via a Xerox machine.

"The delivery was between 11.30 and 1.30 on the day of the fourth, the email was generated at 3 o'clock, after the Contractor General delivered his report. The machine that generated the report is a Xerox XP40 colour copier, which is not in the possession of the Contractor General's Office, so it is obvious that it did not come from the Contractor General. So, I withdraw my allegation that that (the report) came from (that) office. (Now), we need to find out which office has that machine, which is not a popular machine. My information tells me that that machine cost something in the region of $150,000, so anyone who has it knows that they have it," said Mr. Peart.

He apologised for the inconvenience caused to the Contractor General.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

here comes the googly....

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Naw man Karl nuh bowl googly.

I think it will be the doosra!
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

either way it will be "the wrong 'un"

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
          Peart apologises to CG

Wednesday, 19 March 2008

Opposition Member of Parliament Michael Peart has retracted statements he made regarding the leaking of the Contractor General's report on the Cuban Light Bulb Saga.

At the height of the scandal, Mr. Peart had alleged that the leak came from the Contractor General's office, a claim vehemently denied by Contractor General Greg Christie.

But during Tuesday's sitting of Parliament, Mr. Peart said his own investigations revealed that the document was sent to media houses via a Xerox machine.

"The delivery was between 11.30 and 1.30 on the day of the fourth, the email was generated at 3 o'clock, after the Contractor General delivered his report. The machine that generated the report is a Xerox XP40 colour copier, which is not in the possession of the Contractor General's Office, so it is obvious that it did not come from the Contractor General. So, I withdraw my allegation that that (the report) came from (that) office. (Now), we need to find out which office has that machine, which is not a popular machine. My information tells me that that machine cost something in the region of $150,000, so anyone who has it knows that they have it," said Mr. Peart.

He apologised for the inconvenience caused to the Contractor General.
          Kindly post my previous comments via link to the post?
          Thank you!
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

why?
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
              why?
              Dem mi nuh mus sure mi ave sum-ump fi ha-pal-li-gise fah?
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
              X