Road to and from blocked by Carib Cement Workers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road to and from blocked by Carib Cement Workers

Carib Cement workers, upset about some pensions issues with the present govt., have used 2 huge earth-moving vehicles to block the road in front of the Carib Cement gate. Of course, this is the only way to the airport so travellers have been inconvenienced. Those travellers who are not far from the picket line have crossed over to buses that have used the opportunity to start an airport route for $500. (Remember it's a dual carriageway so the side heading east is open.)

I hope it doesn't last too long, but I think they have demanded a meeting with the minister of finance. (I hope this doesn't disturb his CAPE preparations!) The road might be blocked until he shows up.
    Last edited by Mosiah; March 18, 2008, 01:09 PM.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Not to worry, road clear!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

MP3 at work?
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

mussi suh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
          MP3 at work?
          The news say they cleared it after Webhy agreed to meet with them. Isn't that setting a precedence? Now everybody whey block road ago waan minister fi meet wid dem now.
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

What's more interesting to me is they agreed to meet with the man in the ministry who have some sense. I guess di odda one really studying fi him CAPE.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Depends which road!
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Is iPod dem fraid of!

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                  Is iPod dem fraid of!
                  Depends which road!
                  "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                  X