Obama live on CNN, MSNBC, Fox,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama live on CNN, MSNBC, Fox,

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Damn good so far from my perspective!
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Excellent point re his white grandma who he loved being afraid of the black guy, yet he would never disown her. I forgot about that in his book.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I feel sad, I think them catch him where they want him.

I only heard the first few lines but anytime a blackman have fi go back to slavery him lose most whites.

Read Sad if you ask me. The hawks are licking their chops.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Well, I am not that pessimistic. We will have to see if he is able to convince the moderate whites to stay with him. Having shared the experience of the views of the whites in his family is a powerful argument.

Most important for me though, is that he is not going to throw the pastor who has been with him so long under the bus. He seems willing to accept whatever goes with that.

Comment

Hold on.. eiddah America mature ot a higher level or dem nuh mature to a higher level.. wi soon find out.

Dem seh dem waan change.. well, mek wi si.

Comment

I am with you. It might cost him the White House, but don't buckle and sweat because of white America.

My respect for him has multiplied 10 fold. Well, maybe I should wait for the end of the press conference.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

True, but slavery and its effects still has a bearing on our lives. The Jews will never deny the Holocaust, we should never apologise for slavery. Yes, it sounds odd, right?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                  I am with you. It might cost him the White House, but don't buckle and sweat because of white America.

My respect for him has multiplied 10 fold. Well, maybe I should wait for the end of the press conference.
                  This is a man who has the audacity of hope! Karl..........?

Comment

Main Entry: au·dac·i·ty Pronunciation: \ȯ-ˈda-sə-tē\ Function: noun Inflected Form(s): plural au·dac·i·ties Etymology: Middle English audacite, from Latin audac-, audax Date: 15th century 1: the quality or state of being audacious: as a: intrepid boldness b: bold or arrogant disregard of normal restraints <had the audacity to defy his boss> 2: an audacious act —usually used in plural <her worst audacities did not seem to surprise him — Edith Wharton>

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Obama climb bout 50 notches..

Comment

Bold disregard of normal restraints. I think this accurately sums up the man and his convictions.

Comment

The trouble is too many of us don't want to trouble the normal restraints. We think we embrace change but we don't want to go out and get it. Change must come to us at a pace set by some one else, and in increments set by someone else. Well, the audacious among us need to take a stand and go get that change, when we are good and ready!
                          Last edited by Mosiah; March 18, 2008, 12:40 PM.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

My only point is it is just where they wanted him.

I stated before they were going to split the races at some point in the campaign and make Obama out to be AL Sharpton. Many on the forum said no, but this is where they wanted to put him on the defense talking about slavery etc. something White America don't want to hear about and fail to even listen to in masses.

I have respect for Obama and would like to see him get throught this, I hope he does.
                            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Mo I am an advocate of revisiting our history but the point I am making is many people don't want to hear it.

I was speaking to a co-worker at christmas time who stated that "everybody who lives here wanted to be here" I said that can't be said of millions of people who were slaves and their decendence. Instantly he said oh I am talking from the 1970s to now. I said let us make that clear, I guess he also saw me voice and tone.

I don't play with the struggle of my people but the fact is many on the trail don't want to even deal with that, them just want a feel good thing and the evil spinmasters like Karl Rove must be smiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X