No announcement yet.

Obama cant win.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Or maybe one from Gallup will convince you.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Gallup Daily: Clinton Now at 47%, Obama at 45%

PRINCETON, NJ -- Gallup Poll Daily election tracking from March 14-16 finds Hillary Clinton's bid for the 2008 Democratic nomination supported by 47% of national Democratic voters, and Barack Obama's candidacy favored by 45%.

Obama led Clinton in all Gallup Poll Daily tracking reports from March 9 through March 16, indicating he had a real, albeit slim, advantage in national Democratic preferences over this period. While not statistically significant, Clinton's two percentage point advantage in today's report is a notable shift, particularly in light of the political storm Obama has faced over the past few days concerning controversial political statements made by the former pastor of his Chicago church.

Both Democrats run roughly even with John McCain in hypothetical trial heats for the fall election. But for the second consecutive Gallup report, McCain does slightly better against Obama than he does against Clinton. From March 12 through March 15, the two Democratic candidates' positions against McCain had been identical in Gallup Poll Daily tracking. -- Lydia Saad
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Early days. These polls really say nothing!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

They say (almost) nothing about how it will look in November, but it says a lot about what the views are right now.

In any case I was just shooting down this fallacy that Obama is way ahead of McCain in the polls and that the Repubicans have no chance.
        "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Karl is being dramatic in the face of very tight numbers... the latest storm in a teacup has probably cranked up his engine.. media have unnuh like puppets.

Comment

Originally posted by Islandman View Post
            LOL!! You mussi looking at some old polls. This is one of the most reliable pollsters this season.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Daily Presidential Tracking Poll
            Monday, March 17, 2008

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows John McCain with a six-percentage point lead over both potential Democratic opponents. McCain currently leads Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton by an identical 48% to 42% margin. McCain has a double-digit lead over Clinton among unaffiliated voters and is essentially even with Obama among those same voters. However, McCain makes greater inroads among Democrats with Obama as the nominee.

McCain has gained ground against both Democrats in recent days as stories about Obama’s former Pastor, Jeremiah Wright, have been widely discussed(see recent daily results). Wright is viewed favorably by just 8% of American voters and 73% consider his comments racially divisive.

The dialogue about Wright’s controversial comments appears to have had at least a short-term impact on public perceptions of Barack Obama. The Illinois Senator is viewed favorably today by just 47% of voters nationwide. That’s down five points since last Thursday (see recent daily results). The number with an unfavorable view of Obama has risen from 44% on Thursday to 50% today. Among White voters, Obama is now viewed favorably by 43% and unfavorably by 54%.

Looked at from a slightly longer perspective, Obama’s overall favorable ratings peaked at 56% on February 21, shortly after he won the Wisconsin Primary. At that point, Clinton began raising questions about Obama as part of the campaign that ultimately enabled her to win the Texas and Ohio Primaries. Since then, Obama’s net favorability ratings have fallen seventeen points (from plus 14 points on February 21 to minus 3 points today).

McCain, visiting Iraq and left out of the Democratic mudslinging, is now viewed favorably by 54%, unfavorably by 42%. Clinton is viewed favorably by 46%, unfavorably by 52%. Her unfavorable total has been at or above 50% for most of the past month (see recent daily results). Negative attitudes towards Clinton remain more firmly entrenched than for the other candidates—35% have a Very Unfavorable opinion of Clinton, 29% say the same about Obama, and 18% hold such a negative view of McCain.

In the race for the Democratic Presidential Nomination, Monday’s numbers show Obama with 46% support from Likely Democratic Primary Voters while Clinton earns 44% of the vote (see recent daily results). Among Democrats, Clinton leads 48% to 42%, but Obama has a substantial lead among unaffiliated voters likely to participate in a Democratic Primary.
            You are right. The national average has McCain leading Obama by 0.4% at this point.

Comment

Well the other day I stopped by my
              mother and the BO question came up. She said to me that we cried for change and now change is here we are saying it's not the time we are not ready yet. She even said it must have been the same thing when slavery ended many slaves did not want to leave as it was not the time

She then went on to point out that; it's not blacks that 's putting BO where he is at present but whites (good point). I said hmmm, ma you may have a point. I was humbled. This is why I'm the eternal learner.

Comment

Got yuh!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge View Post
                  Well the other day I stopped by my
                  mother and the BO question came up. She said to me that we cried for change and now change is here we are saying it's not the time we are not ready yet. She even said it must have been the same thing when slavery ended many slaves did not want to leave as it was not the time

She then went on to point out that; it's not blacks that 's putting BO where he is at present but whites (good point). I said hmmm, ma you may have a point. I was humbled. This is why I'm the eternal learner.
                  Some of us were not ready for independence yet either. Some still not sure if we should have become independent.

sigh

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Really premature to say he cant win. He really needs to go into the convention leading in the poll and be able to skilfully throw the revered under the bus the similar way McCain threw that Right Wing Radio Host. The problem is he needs to be skillful at it and show the paradigm in which the preacher a war vet american see america. Obama can make this work for him.

Comment

We are independent ??

Comment

rahtid!!! the fruit does fall far from the tree!!!!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I agree, we are not!

Comment

Dont tell me you believe the myth!

We did not fight and achieve any independence! It was samfied upon us, we took the bait and the colonizers got out cheaply. We are no India.

We then continued to be puppets by electing dysfunctional leadership that made us even more dependent, but without the financial support/insurance obligation from the UK. We were played. Plain english and bad manners.

Comment

Well after that mature and frank speech out of the blue (not the normal sweet talk, slick presentation) I do give him a chance again.

He finally took the burning issue full on and dealth with it in an honest and believable way. America has been running from this confrontation for far too long. This speech may help the country to realize that it wont be a catastrophe if they talk about this in a calm and constructive manner.

Comment

Is Barbados sorry they are independent?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Working...
                                X